Friday, December 19, 2008

Tis the Season


I tell ya, this place is so ready for Christmas this year. Sparkles everywhere and lots of “good cheer” too.

I’ve dropped about as many hints as I know how to that I want a new cat bed and a new area rug for my room, from Santa. I keep standing by my old bed and meowing to get someone to see how worn it is. Then I rumple up the rug to allow humans the tripping activity. If I had a new rug, they would be safer, right?

Pop didn’t write a letter to Santa this year but I’ll tell you what she did do yesterday. She went online and filled out an application to be considered for a rescue bichon. These are little dogs who have been rescued from all sorts of conditions and then placed in a foster home until they are ready for a forever home. This rescue group is located in Florida and only adopts their dogs out to Florida residents. Let’s keep our paws crossed that this works out. I need a new buddy to aggravate and to rub my head on his fuzzy little self. The application even asked if there was a cat in the house and Pop told them all about me. So no cat hating dogs for us.

Have a splendid weekend and just hug the hell out of your honeys

Sincerely,
Fred the Christmas Cat (the cat who loves you guys!)

13 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

I hope the rescue thing works out. Happy Weekend POPs!

December 19, 2008 2:48 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Don't worry Fred, Santa has told me that you won't be disappointed with what's under the tree. You have been a good cat (mostly) this year.
Let's hope you can get a new buddy real soon. It would be a nice way to start the new year.

December 19, 2008 5:27 AM  
Blogger billie said...

fred honey- santa knows what a comfort you have been to the pops this year- i have a feeling that he is going to remember that this cmas. happy holidays and good luck with your search for a new buddy. :)

December 19, 2008 5:41 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

I wouldn't worry, you'll get what you want. After all, you run the house.

December 19, 2008 5:47 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Hang in there, Fred--Santa's coming through for ya.

Take care, and tell Pop from me not to spare the 'nip.

December 19, 2008 6:32 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

We're really hoping that you find a wonderful rescued Bichon!

Luf, Us

December 19, 2008 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed that PoP gets her Christmas wish and the bichon knows that you are the boss at the house of PoP. A kind boss, of course.

December 19, 2008 7:59 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Dear Fred,

Here's hoping you get what you want from Santa, as well as a bichon to annoy.

Sincerely,

Jazz the frog who loves you too.

December 19, 2008 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Freddy. With big-hearted housemates like Pop and Mr. Pop, you'll have your new bed and best-bud bichon in no time.

December 19, 2008 12:17 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Hi Fred, Baxter and I hope you get everything you want for Christmas and that the POP family gets their rescued bichon!

Baxter says don't forget his Humans got Diva from a rescue. They are the best!

December 19, 2008 12:20 PM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

have a grand weekend!

December 19, 2008 12:37 PM  
Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Back at ya Fred.

December 19, 2008 2:23 PM  
Blogger Skippy said...

Fred, I heard you were good so I'm sure that new bed is on its way. As for the bichon, make sure you are kind to him and you are sure to become bestest friends.

December 22, 2008 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home