Friday, December 05, 2008

Strange things happening here


I don’t know what’s going on around here. Pop is Christimas-ifying this whole place. I’m afraid to sit still lest she decorate me with lights and ribbons. She’s a woman out of control. I haven’t seen her like this for years. She’s one big smile with lots of long hair.

I don’t know what got her going, but I gotta admit she’s kinda fun. The only thing I can attribute it to is the different kind of Christmas they are having this year. The whole family agreed not to exchange gifts but to instead donate food and such to their local food pantries and charities. Plus Mr. Pop’s company is adopting a local family for Christmas. Everyone at the lab will chip in food, gifts and everything Christmas for a single mom and her three children.

On a designated night everyone will go to where the lady lives and deliver love and cheer and Christmas. No doubt Pop and even Mr. Pop too will be searching for the box of tissues on their way home that night.

But hey, I’m a cat. Cat’s want presents! I’ve asked for a new bed for Christmas, toys and a new stainless steel water bowl for my room. Okay, I’m kind of a softie too. When my bed I have now is cleaned all spick and span, it will be donated to the humane society for a little cat who might not have a comfy bed.

So what are your Christmas plans and are you Christmas-ifying your nest?

Have a great weekend and wish me luck in not showing up with a light up Christmas collar around my neck next weekend. That’s where I draw the feline line!

Sincerely,
Fred the Cat (the cat who loves you guys!)

12 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Wow! Sounds like a great Christmas season has begun at Martini Central!

I love the sound of it.

We cut down a tree last weekend and decorated it. BooBoo the cat likes to sleep under it and Gracie the dog seems to ignore it.

We are going to be having a simpler Christmas than before. Which is just fine by us.

We have done some gifting as part of gifts for families in need and also for a gifts for the elderly. That was fun shopping to do in both cases.

December 05, 2008 5:21 AM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

no hannukah-fying at this abode. the grinchberg stole it LOL

while carlos will get his present (tho he did eat some dental floss last night and it was not pretty...) the rest of the world will see donations to animal shelters and charities (per carlos)..

that will make it a merry xmas this year.

have a great one fred

December 05, 2008 5:56 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

Wow, that doesn't sound very laissez-faire of POP. Watch it, Fred, you might be living with communists!

December 05, 2008 6:10 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Just keep moving Fred and sleep with one eye open. I don't think you would like a a big yarn Christmas ball tied to your tail. Then again?
We are decorated here but only so far as the wreath on the front door and my primitive log reindeer on the porch.
All Madam's effort and my money went into the historic home this year.

December 05, 2008 6:23 AM  
Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Frd stop complaining and let Pop jingle her bells.

December 05, 2008 6:46 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

AH whats the matter Fred? you scrooge cat or what! I think sparkly lights around your neck would doll you up, not that you arent a pretty cato already!

December 05, 2008 7:13 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

No light-ed up collar. No sirree!

Luf, Us

December 05, 2008 7:24 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Don't worry, Fred--Santa will bring you some 'nip.

December 05, 2008 7:42 AM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

It's got to be harder to be a cat than a dog when it comes to Christmas decorations. Dogs sort of like it. They think "awesome, the humans are bringing the tree to me!"

December 05, 2008 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 06, 2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger Sator Arepo said...

Fred the Cat is my hero.

I wish (my) Sheba the cat was so well-versed in literature.

SA

December 07, 2008 3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred... just keep moving around or hit your favorite hiding spot and they can't decorate you. But tell you humans that they're doing a great thing adopting a family and donating food in lieu of exchanging gifts. You are so lucky to be living with two big-hearted and generous humans.

December 11, 2008 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home