Monday, June 07, 2010

Vacation Packing

I think I love this part of vacation almost as much as the actual vacation itself. I have made my list of things we want and need to take and now as I gather these things together I can check them off my list.

Everything I pack brings to mind a happy thought of how and when that particular item will be used. Yes, we do take a travel bar with all the adult beverages for the nights we don’t feel like going out. Mr. Pop and I have a bag of new books to read on the beach. Mr. Pop also has his surf fishing equipment all pulled together and ready to go.

Then there’s the packing for Martini’s needs. He has a little bag where I keep his leashes, brush, comb and his bags for poop clean up. I have recently purchased three new toys that he knows nothing about so they will be a surprise for him at the cottage. One of his beds has been washed and is clean and ready to go. He has a new crate that he has had time to become comfortable in so when he have to crate him over there it will feel just like home.

Look out Sanibel Island and Captiva, a week from today we will be heading your way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tootie said...

I've never heard anyone else say that vacation packing is more fun than the vacation. You must be an island lover too. :)

I always thought that myself. I was so excited packing and getting here to the island. However, after the first day, thoughts of having to leave in a few days, began to weigh on my mind.

June 07, 2010 6:09 PM  
Blogger Fixer said...

Packing (and unpacking) have got to be the worst part of vacation for me. I still have a garment bag I have yet to unpack from our Bermuda trip a month ago. Oy!

June 08, 2010 2:37 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Packing and making arrangements energizes me. I find myself with all sorts of get-up-and-go, much like late pregnancy "nesting".

Unfortunately, when I get back, the oomph goes out of me and I look at my luggage with severe disapproval.

June 08, 2010 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home