Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tonight’s the big night.

This is the dinner tonight I have been looking forward to all week. It’s not the steaks on the grill, although that sounds good too. Nope the star of the show tonight is the salad with our own veggies in it. I just made it and the aroma of the cucumbers, green peppers and the tomatoes was amazing. Nothing from the grocery store smells like that. I feel like I did when I was a little girl visiting my grandparents farm where everything we ate was fresh from the garden. My taste buds are in a frenzy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Living in the San Joaquin valley, we get to buy a lot of our produce locally, direct from the farmers.

It's so fantastic to actually have our veggies and fruit taste good, compared to grocery store fodder which is tasteless!

May 20, 2010 12:31 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

It really is wonderful to put in your own vegetable garden, and eat the results. I am glad, though, that our lives don't depend on our backyard patch...

May 20, 2010 8:09 PM  
Blogger Fixer said...

Bon Appetit!

May 21, 2010 2:18 AM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

What a gastronomical celebration! I'm getting high just thinking about it.

May 21, 2010 4:41 PM  
Blogger Skruffy said...

Enjoy, P-O'ed Patricia!!! I look forward to when we're where we can grow some of our own veggies.

May 23, 2010 10:14 AM  
Blogger Skruffy said...

Actually, we DO have tomatoes right now that we grow. Those little tiny so-called "Everglades" tomatoes... smaller than cherry tomatoes but very tasty. We had a couple plants in pots when Hurricane Wilma flooded us 5 years ago, and scattered seeds all over the yard. They've been coming up wild ever since, and they are yummy.

May 23, 2010 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home