Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Explain This One

This morning when I clicked on my home page my computer took me to what appeared to be our DSL provider’s home page. No matter what I clicked on in my bookmarked list I was taken to this same page. For the record our DSL provider is the same as our land line provider.

Mr. Pop called tech service on his Blackberry. While he was waiting for a real person to talk to him our land line phone rang. Caller ID told me it was Mr. Pop’s Blackberry calling me. Mr. Pop’s Blackberry showed he was still connected to the tech number. I picked up the land line and sure enough, Mr. Pop and I were talking to each other over his Blackberry and my land line.

We both hung up our phones. I went to my computer and clicked on my homepage. Things were fine again and my usual homepage came up just as it should. Can anyone explain to me what happened?

1 Comments:

Blogger fallenmonk said...

Just a guess but it sounds like your internet provider/phone provider's DNS (Domain Name Server) got messed up or rebooted and while it was sorting itself out every ip address requested by your browser resolved to the root address on the DNS. Why your phone acted up is probably related if you use voice over IP (AT&T uverse?) for your phone service.

May 18, 2010 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home