Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Frustration Frustration

It must be time for me to go on vacation and cut myself off as much as possible from what is going on in the news. I feel nothing now but frustration. Frustration about the oil and the damages it is doing. Frustration about the criticism of the President and what people say he should or should not be doing. I feel these frustrations from the time I awake until I fall asleep at night.

It’s time to cut myself loose from the minute by minute reports on the television. I want to immerse myself in the smell of saltwater and the call of the gulls. I want to be safe inside our little rented cottage on the beach with Mr. Pop and Martini when the afternoon thunderstorms move ashore. I want to concentrate on my treasures and for just a little while and forget how many awful things there may be to come.

All I have to do is hang on tight until Monday. That day when I disconnect my computer I will also disconnect me for a little while.

3 Comments:

Blogger Skruffy said...

Hi PoP. Hope you have a great vacation and are able to get your mind off what's on a lot of our minds. I just listened to NPR's "Fresh Air", and Terry Gross today featured an article about BP's outrageous and long-time culture of not caring about worker safety and the environment. I'm also posting the link on my blog, skruffyblog.blogspot.com, which I recently started.

http://www.propublica.org/feature/years-of-internal-bp-probes-warned-that-neglect-could-lead-to-accidents

June 10, 2010 10:50 AM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

I'm with you, dear, I took a news vacation today and pulled the oil ticker off my blog. I'm just sick with upset. Have a great vacation!

June 10, 2010 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://world-of-image.net

June 23, 2010 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home