Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuning out the noise

Since we returned from vacation I have not immersed myself in politics and it feels so good. I keep up with the generalities but I don’t get bogged down in the back and forth. Maybe it’s the summer heat or the need for a little more down time for my brain, but for now I will leave most of the squabbling to those who get paid to do it.

I had rather be laying on the floor playing with Martini or sitting on the patio trying to figure out what makes Fred the Cat tick than listen to talking heads on television telling me what I should feel or think. Life is truly too short to waste some of it feeling frustrated by the words of people who play no direct part in our lives.

Sometimes we just have to tune out the noise and appreciate the silence.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

Isn't the quiet amazing??!?! I love to take breaks from the news....information overload is everywhere. I even like to drive the car with the radio OFF. OMG.

June 29, 2010 12:40 PM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

I have to turn off and tune out a lot too lately. I find I get too worked up - especially about rich folks playing games with politics and policies that can easily destroy the lives of those less fortunate.

June 30, 2010 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home