Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What about the other possible victims?

I posted a light hearted snark yesterday at this site because I wasn’t ready to really deal with my feelings regarding the murder of Dr. Tiller. I had to sort out the anger from the fear. My emotions were all over the place and I didn’t want to hit my keyboard half cocked.

Now I have had time to let the steam die down and try to express what that event meant to me. A good man is dead, his family grieves deeply for him and so many women have lost a friend and someone who could come to their aid when much of the country would turn their back on them. I think those women are to be grieved for also because without the professional attendance of this doctor, they too may lose their life. That is my fear.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

There will indeed be many follow-on consequences unfortunately, most (if not all) affecting women badly.

June 02, 2009 3:14 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

I'm still too angry to comment.

But it is nice to know I'm not alone.

June 02, 2009 6:32 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

If there's one thing I've learned from the wingnuts, it's that some lives are more equal than others!

Unborn life? VERY important! Critical, even! Worth killing the Already-Born for, because they don't matter as much!

Women/Girls who get pregnant/the Already-Born? Not so important. In fact, so UNimportant that other, more informed and enlightened people (like men!) should be allowed to make life-altering decisions for them! These women/already-born people are just not as important as the unborn!

June 02, 2009 6:57 AM  
Blogger Targa said...

I'm pretty much with dguzman on this one.

June 02, 2009 7:34 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

I fear we will return to the days of women dead on motel room floors or from self-inflicted wounds from coat hangers.

I'm sure the far-right-wing would be thrilled-- while the rest of the country [perhaps the world] mourned.

how have we come to this?

June 02, 2009 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home