Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Rhythms of Life

Tuesday morning I saw a clip from Brian Williams interview with President Obama. During the conversation between Williams and the President, the President spoke of the rhythms of our lives. He totally had my attention with that. He said he missed the rhythms of say a Saturday morning when you get up, take your dog for a walk, run some errands, then maybe take your kids to a museum and later maybe surprise them with a trip to the ice cream shop. He said due to his responsibilities he can no longer do these sorts of things at will and he misses that rhythm of his life.

I love the precious rhythms of my own life and I truly feel for him having lost those. I have written how much I love Saturdays and the routine rhythms here in my home. Those have been enhanced and enriched lately with the addition of Martini. Many times I have wondered if others recognized and enjoyed these life rhythms the way I do. It’s nice to know that the President shares that value. It shows me that he values moments even the small priceless ones. I like that in a person.

12 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

I love the precious rhythms of my own life ...


It's called "living", as opposed to just "existing".

June 04, 2009 2:05 AM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

those rhythm are truly important to all of us......

June 04, 2009 2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My rhythm includes a conga and a steel drum sometimes... I'm just sayin...

June 04, 2009 6:51 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Hey, Chimpy had a rhythm too: get up early, pretend to exercise, have a drink, pretend to listen during meetings, have a drink, clear some brush, have a drink, have a drink, f*ck up the world a little more, have a drink...

June 04, 2009 7:19 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Sometimes I call it's called a rut but I sure miss it when my rhythms are messed up. I like variety as well but there is something very comforting in going through the daily routines, at least in form.

June 04, 2009 7:27 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

Thus proving that only lunatics want to be president. What a horrible way to live.

June 04, 2009 8:15 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i love the small things too.

June 04, 2009 9:55 AM  
Blogger Targa said...

I wonder if Obama considers the act of lighting, smoking and stubbing out a cigarette a missing rhythm of his life. He's probably just going through withdrawals.

I'm more into contra-rhythms and nano-rhythms.
The real rhythm of life is Chaos. Chaos and Cacophony are the rhythm section of my life. My backup singers are known The Pathos Singers. The horn section is Curt, Frank, and Earnest.
As the main lyricist of my life band, I go by the name of Khooda Ben Sam Juan.

June 04, 2009 10:55 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

first morning thing-- hang out with Jake on our new screened porch. remind him screens are not for clawing.
hang out with friends and a coffee cup.
puter. blog.
last night thing-- hang out with Jake on porch.

ahhhhh-- rhythms.
sorry for O. why would _anyone_ want to be prez?

June 04, 2009 11:38 AM  
Blogger Freida Bee said...

Maybe he can bring a little normalcy to the presidency in that way.

June 07, 2009 10:07 AM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

One of the things I look forward to, very much, in my soon-to-be-retirement is the ability to set my own life rhythms again. Times I've been away from office work have been grand and made me feel human again. I was cooking dinner tonight, enjoying the smells coming up, and happy to be in my kitchen. I look forward to many more dinners at home, instead of rushed eating out.

I 'get' what he says. I put the Whitehouse blog on my blogroll. It's pretty cool.

June 07, 2009 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

July 08, 2010 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home