Monday, April 13, 2009

A Sinful Pig and on Easter Too

As Fred the Cat told you Friday, our Easter fell apart before it began. Mr. Pop had to spend what time he had at home yesterday morning finalizing the presentation he is giving at the meeting today. He left for the airport at one in the afternoon.

I decided to commit a sin and spent part of the afternoon frying chicken. Is there anything better than leftover cold fried chicken if you decide to make a late night raid on the frig? I will brag and say I can sure as hell fry great chicken. It was delicious with a little potato salad and some fruit on the side.

After filling almost up on my sinful meal, I dove into a box of locally made chocolate candy that was one of my birthday presents from Mr. Pop. Yes, yes, I know it sounds like I was a total pig and I was. It was much more fun to be a total pig than to sit around and feel bummy due to a lack of Easter Bunny cheer and my sweetheart.

So now that you know what I did in lieu of Easter cheer, how was your Easter?

7 Comments:

Blogger billie said...

we don't 'do' easter at all :) buying a ham for easter is like buying roses for valentine's day- overpriced. mr. betmo played online poker and i worked on my crochet projects. we also- and this is the exciting part- put together my shiny new wheelbarrow and the reel mower i bought for the fam's yard. too chilly to do much outside yet- but i am not a patient woman :)

April 13, 2009 5:20 AM  
Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

PoP, Happy Belated Birthday. Friday was my dad's birthday also.

I celebrated Easter by taking Lola to the dog park on Sunday morning for about 2 hours. Apparently there are a lot of dog lovers who don't celebrate, because the weather was beautiful and the park was packed. I am sorry that your plans were ruined. Hope the week goes well.

April 13, 2009 6:02 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

fried chicken and chocolate! terrific!

April 13, 2009 8:56 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

well i ate the entire chocolate bunny saturday night so sunday was a little bit of a let down!

personally i find cold pizza better than cold chicken but what do I know?

hope you and Fred and Mr PoP have a great week

April 13, 2009 7:15 PM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

I had a wonderful Easter. My kids are too old for easter egg hunting, but we hide one giant egg for each of them anyway. Inside is candy, cash and scratch off lottery tickets. We also put a little note to check in with us for a big prize and have books for them that they like.

April 14, 2009 8:39 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Sounds like you had a good day--nothing wrong with that.

April 14, 2009 8:42 AM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Mmmmm. Fried chicken. Nothing smells as good as that when it's cooking!

Happy belated birthday!

April 15, 2009 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home