Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Changes

For the past eight years I was frustrated, angry and so fearful of that presidential administration that at times it felt as though it was going to engulf me and my life. Since January 20 of this year so much has changed. Sure there are still political things that bother me, but that’s just it, they bother me. I trust now more than I have in a long time.

This president may not be perfect, but damn I feel I can trust him not to purposely plan and scheme to destroy all about our country that we hold sacred. He will stumble along the way because, well, he’s human. But I gotta tell you with all the financial mess that’s going on, I still feel more sane and happy than I have in a very long time. I’ll let the pundits and Washington figure stuff out, I’m going to enjoy my life and my home.

Oh sure, I will laugh at the right wing goof balls as much as ever. Why? Because I love to laugh and they can always be relied upon to provide plenty of humorous material.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

I love the fact our President can form a coherent sentence again.

March 31, 2009 3:08 AM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

i so agree with so
what is sad is that the "opposing" side, instead of trying to find common ground and have a real coherent discussion and discourse on fixing our problems

-- goes straight for the demonizing and hate route

they know no other way.

March 31, 2009 4:12 AM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

Other than the bailouts of banksters, not many complaints here either. It is amazing how much stress there has been over the past 8 years - above and beyond the usual stress of living in a right-wing hellhole. Now you understand why I drove to Austin in 1998 to climb Shrubs ass...

March 31, 2009 7:57 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

but but but he uses a teleprompter!
(I love it when the wingnuts go on about that)
you are right it's nice to have someone I trust in the POTUS seat.
not cure where this change is going but I'm on the bus for the ride

March 31, 2009 6:11 PM  
Blogger Snave said...

I'm not sure about the bank bailouts and the heavy involvement going on with GM (Obama might have a tough time getting out of that one gracefully), or even about Afghanistan (is it a rabbit hole?)...

But hey, I also indeed have far more trust in the current administration to try to actually do things in an American way. The last bunch was a collection of evil crooks who didn't give half a poop about everyday America.

I hope the stimulus plan works, and that more people are back to work soon, the housing crisis recedes, and things can get more into a feeling of normalcy. If not, look for some yo-yo like Palin, Jindal or Sanford (the guvs who are refusing stimulus monies) to rise up and try and ride a wave of public dissatisfaction in 2012.

I apologize to the yo-yo, a wonderful traditional toy, for using its name in vain in connection with what should probably be referred more to as "yahoos".

April 02, 2009 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home