Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday Bad Sunday


This is Good Friday and it’s also good because today is Pop’s happy birthday. I’ll be sharing my catnip with her today.

The bummer is that on Easter Sunday, Mr. Pop has to fly out of town around noon in order to be at a business meeting on Monday morning. I don’t think I better repeat the words Pop and Mr. Pop used when they got word of this schedule. But in keeping with the Easter theme, they sure did talk about “ducks” a lot. They even called someone a ducking something or the other. I can’t remember the other words but I think they mentioned a bass hole. I guess that has something to do with a place you would fish. Pop said the person who arranged this meeting was a mother ducker. I haven’t heard her say that about someone in a long time.

So anyway, Easter at the Pop house will be cancelled this year, Pop’s favorite holiday of them all. She’s going to need me and Martini after Mr. Pop leaves on Sunday. We’ll take care of her until Mr. Pop returns on Tuesday. Martini will make her laugh for sure, heck, he makes me laugh too once in a while but don’t tell him. I don’t want him to get too full of himself.

Have a great weekend and here’s to you finding many chocolate eggs.

Sincerely,
Fred the Cat (the cat who loves you guys!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Know said...

So, Fred,

Can you play the shell, or just considering joining the Conch Republic? I can play a mighty tune on those, properly prepared...

As for the eggs, too old and no kids. I would suggest that in keeping with the spirit of the holiday, however, that you hide all of Martini's toys - very well.

April 10, 2009 2:54 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

I think a bass hole is where the rhythm section stashes their beer.

April 10, 2009 5:42 AM  
Blogger Darwin's Dagger said...

Bass Hole and the Mother Duckers would be a good name for a band.

April 10, 2009 5:54 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Happy Easter despite it being messed up.

April 10, 2009 8:08 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Sorry the Easter's messed up. And happy birdday to Pop! You're mighty sweet to share the Cosmic 'nip with her.

You guys will just have to keep Pop entertained until Mr. Pop comes home. I don't think you'll have much trouble.

April 10, 2009 1:14 PM  
Blogger Cujo359 said...

Sorry about your Easter, Fred. Sounds like things will be a little tense around there. Might call for a little extra lap-sitting and purring. Tell Pop have a happy birthday for me.

April 10, 2009 3:40 PM  
Blogger Fixer said...

Happy birthday, POP. Sorry about the holiday.

April 10, 2009 4:44 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

happy birthday (a day late) PoP

April 11, 2009 10:21 AM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

so fred, are you and martini celebrating

April 12, 2009 10:39 AM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

happy birthday to the lady of the house- I know the critters will take care of you...and it's my bday too- I curled up with my critters and read blogs....but I hope some cake or goodies came your way....celebrate all week...

;-)

April 12, 2009 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home