Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Here we go again

This is that down time between Christmas and Valentine’s Day. From October until the first of January there is a holiday every month. Something to get ready for and look forward to each month, then we hit January 2 and say, Now what?

This is the time of year your mind wonders toward spring cleaning and all that goes with that. Cleaning out that closet that you cleaned out and spruced up last year that has no resemblance to that same closet now. What the hell happened to my closet and who did it? Did I let negligence put me right back where I began last year? Looks like it.

As I make my list of to-do things I keep one thing in mind, if this year is as good at our home as last year was, we’re off to a very good start. Everyone is healthy and happy. That’s a good place to begin everything.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mauigirl said...

Thanks for the reminder that health is a very important thing and I should be grateful rather than sitting around complaining about the winter. But I do hate winter, LOL!

January 18, 2011 12:27 PM  
Blogger Ricky Shambles said...

Great to hear happy and healthy! My "now what" at this time of year is always: regroup - what needs to happen this year in life, in love, in family, in my business. It's really not until mid-January that I put together the obligatory lists. And that's probably better than cobbling them together over a case of beer, couple bottles of champagne, and a nasty can of Four Loko or three (that sounds awful - total supply for multiple guests, not like me all alone drinking that, good lord). Note to self: add "thinking before you type" and "not sounding paranoid" to the mid-Jan list :)

January 18, 2011 4:35 PM  
Blogger Commander Zaius said...

Cleaning out that closet that you cleaned out and spruced up last year that has no resemblance to that same closet now. What the hell happened to my closet and who did it?

Recently returned from our first cruise in eight years but before that I went through my closet to find the proper clothes. I found myself asking the same question but realized that for myself I had just gotten fatter.

Its a bummer to put on dress shirts and find out I could not actually button them.

This weekend will be cleaning all the small stuff out and giving it to Goodwill. I expect to have only surfer t-shirts, one pair of slacks, and the sports coat I had to quickly buy before we lest.

January 19, 2011 1:08 PM  
Blogger two crows said...

not so much a closet clean-up at the moment. my 'studio apartment' [computer/tv room, bed-cell and bath] are a 3-room wreck as I undertake a major decorating project in here.

nnnhhhhh -- homemade wallpaper/texturing/mural/trim, paint and adding furniture - some rehashed, some new - - -

well, it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. but what chaos! hopefully it'll be worth it.

January 19, 2011 4:35 PM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

I am deep into the winter blues, and cleaning out the closet is the furthest thing from my frozen mind. Maybe I will get there...eventually.

Healthy is good. Thank the heavens for the blessings we do have!

January 20, 2011 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home