Friday, January 07, 2011

Avoidance and Peace

I have spent this week trying my best to avoid any political news. I don’t need to know detail for detail how the new Republican majority in the House plans to disrupt our country in every way possible. Just wake me when it’s over and let me know what I can do to help clean up the disaster.

It’s amazing how peaceful life can be when you cut out just about everything from the noisy world of political discourse. I’ll take a half hour of playing with Martini or watching the hummingbirds at the feeder outside my kitchen window over any talking head on television telling me what they believe I should be thinking.

Have a wonderful weekend and take time to notice the natural beauty. It’s there just waiting for you to notice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

yes indeedy. i can get a bit overwrought by the news, so I take news vacations. wrestling with the dogs on the carpet sure beats bombastic talking heads!

enjoy your weekend and give Martini a kiss for me!

January 07, 2011 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home