Monday, May 10, 2010

Fred the Cat is Sick

Friday, Fred the Cat, became ill. He was repeatedly throwing up. Saturday morning nothing had changed so we took him to the vet and the vet wanted to keep him over the weekend.

I just called our vet’s office to see how Fred is doing. They have given him a shot to try to calm his stomach. During the time of giving him the shot he bit one of the assistants severely. That isn’t unlike Fred as he has an attitude when he is at the vet.

The next step will be blood work and perhaps x-rays. I’ll let you know more when I do. He’s only 10 years old and has never had any health problems before, so I’m hoping with all my might that whatever is wrong with him does not turn out to be something really bad. I’m keeping my paws crossed that Fred the Cat will be able to come home soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger fallenmonk said...

Sorry about Fred. I hope it is nothing serious. We'll keep out fingers crossed.

May 10, 2010 5:52 AM  
Blogger Abu Scooter said...

Here's hoping that Fred just has something that can be fixed quickly. I'm knocking on my wooden computer bench,

May 10, 2010 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Zoey the cat here. I am 13 years old. I was sick last week. I had been throwing up and wouldn't eat or drink anything for a couple of days. My mommy had to take me to the doctor. Got a x-ray. Got fluids and some other stuff including some kind of sticky medicine. Yuck! Then mommy wrote a big check. I am feeling better now. Hope are back to your old self soon. I am pulling for you.

May 10, 2010 1:32 PM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

OH, no, dear Fred. Keeping my fingers crossed, too. He must be feeling mighty sicky. Get well soon!

May 10, 2010 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let Fred know that there are lots of people wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

May 11, 2010 12:11 PM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Oh Dear.
I do hope things are just out of synch and the bad boy is up and clawing up screens very, very soon.

May 11, 2010 12:37 PM  
Blogger Cujo359 said...

With cats, feistiness isn't necessarily a bad sign.

Get well soon, little buddy.

May 11, 2010 4:37 PM  
Blogger Fixer said...

Give him our best. You and he will be in our thoughts.

May 11, 2010 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home