Monday, May 11, 2009

He Can Make the Sick Laugh

“In the next hundred days our bipartisan outreach will be so successful that even John Boehner will consider becoming a Democrat. After all we have a lot in common. He is a person of color--although not a color that appears in the natural world.”
-President Barack Obama-
May 9, 2009

As sick as I was yesterday and oh god, I was sick, (probably food poinsoning) when I watched a rerun of the President speaking at the correspondents dinner, the above quote made me laugh until I cried.

One of my other favorite lines was when he said, “In the next hundred days I will strongly consider losing my cool.”

I don’t know who wrote his material, but I thought it was great, along with his delivery. One more reason to be so damned proud of that vote I cast last November.

6 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, PoP.

I hadn't watched the president's routine. Those are good lines.

May 11, 2009 4:20 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Obama did a great job. He was very funny and charming. I also loved that he spoke about the dire straits of journalism. Very serious matter confronting our democracy.

Hope you are feeling better today.

May 11, 2009 7:28 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Smart people are always funny and cool, Pop. Doesn't surprise me a bit.

May 11, 2009 11:53 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

hope you're feeling better. eat lots of jello.

one of my favorite lines:
"I will learn to go off the teleprompter. And Joe Biden will learn to stay on it."
**snortle! chork!**

May 11, 2009 12:02 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

He was great - just finished watching it over at Fran's "Ramblings." I thought he was hilarious.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

May 11, 2009 7:31 PM  
Blogger Peter Matthes said...

Isn't it so nice to once again have someone intelligent in the White House?

Thank God!

May 11, 2009 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home