Wednesday, April 29, 2009

No Tweets Here

I won’t be signing up for Twitter. I have dozens of reasons for my decision but the main one is, I don’t want to be obliged to be responsible to any other type of communication.

I have a cell phone but the only person who knows that number is Mr. Pop. I consider my cell phone to be for emergencies and little else. I detest talking on the phone and a ringing phone is obnoxious.

As for Twitter, I can’t think of a single person I know or don’t know that I am so interested in that I would want to follow their every thought and deed all day long. Hell, I’m not all that interested in my own thoughts and deeds so why would anyone else be?

Nope, posting a blog is about as connected to the rest of the world as I intend to be for the foreseeable future. If I want someone to know what I’m doing at any given time, I’ll just do it the old fashioned way, I’ll email them.

I hold no animosity toward anyone who finds Twitter interesting and fun. I do hold animosity toward everyone talking out loud on their cell phone in a public place, especially when I can hear both sides of the conversation.

I feel that just because there is something “new” that doesn’t mean I have to want it or need to have it. Life hands you enough obligations why take on one Tweet more?

8 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

Yeah, I'm not a Twit-er-er either, but my wife finally got me on Facebook only because all our friends are on it and it's easy to keep in touch with folks you haven't seen in years.

April 29, 2009 2:56 AM  
Blogger billie said...

hear! hear! me too :)

April 29, 2009 5:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tell it sister! I have zero interest in twittering/tweeting or the like facebook is bad enough.

your blog is hilarious, glad I found it!

April 29, 2009 6:07 AM  
Blogger Targa said...

I have a hilarious thing i'm working on... well, hilarious to me.... It came to me in a dream two weeks ago when Irrelevant Kutcher and CBlahBlah were competing for Twitter fans.
I just have to wait a few more weeks for the Twitter overload and overhype to start its downward slide.
Then, I'll unveil the next fad.

I kinda feel like Brain from Pinky and the Brain... except I'm not trying to take over the world.

Oh, and yeah, not a Twitter fan. I can barely tolerate FaceBook. I already have a quasi-abandoned blog. :)

I've rambled... What was the question?

April 29, 2009 8:31 AM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

I'm still on the fence but leaning towards a dislike of twitter, even though I'm signed up. It's pretty much a one-way form of communication and calling it communication is not appropriate because of the word limit thing.

Brain farts or nonsensical haiku do not make for great entertainment.

April 29, 2009 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Katie said...

OMG, me too.

My cell phone accidentally dropped in a bucket of mop water two months ago and I haven't bothered to get another one. I know I should for safety reasons, but I never used it and not having it relieves me of having to be accountable every second of every day. My voicemail on my home phone is all I really need.

I'm a big fan of communication in general, but is 24/7/365 really necessary? Emergencies aside, I'd be so happy to keep all my communications through email or face-to-face. Phones suck.

April 29, 2009 12:28 PM  
Blogger two crows said...

no twitter. no facebook.
maybe I'm getting old-- email and blogging are enough technology for me.

and, btw-- I left you an award on
http://preserve-protect.blogspot.com/

the link broke on another blog I awarded so, if you're interested in participating, you may have to copy and paste the link.

April 29, 2009 9:13 PM  
Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

I tried it.

I hated it.

God bless you.

(Hey! That's less than 140 characters!)

April 30, 2009 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home