Friday, May 01, 2009

The Boys in Charge


Mr. Pop was gone, due to business meetings, three days and two nights this past week. That left Martini and me, Fred the Cat, in charge of taking care of the house and Pop. Us guys got the job done and Mr. Pop came home to a safe and sound homestead.

Martini is a little dude, but he has a big bark. The first couple of times I heard him bark it scared me. The last several years of Murphy’s life he never barked because he couldn’t hear anything, so I had forgotten what it was like to hear a dog bark in the house. Martini only barks if he hears a noise outside that he doesn’t recognize. As soon as Pop checks it out and tells him, “everything is okay”, he just wiggles around and wags that little thing the Pops call his “tail”. Ha! Compared to my own lovely fluffy tail, his is almost non existent.

So us boys held down the fort for Mr. Pop and he thanked us both with a whole bunch of love and affection. Being in charge has its rewards if the job is well done.

Pop found this quote but cannot find the author: “Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.” She thinks it has a special message for everyone these days.

Have a great weekend and practice dancing just incase a storm might be coming.

Sincerely,

Fred the Cat (the cat who loves you guys!)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.”So, after all these years, my mom was wrong for telling me not to stomp in rain puddles?

May 01, 2009 6:37 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Morning, Fred!

That is a lovely quote. I'm thinking of printing it up and framing it for over my desk.

May 01, 2009 6:48 AM  
Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

When does Martini get to write a post?

May 01, 2009 7:46 AM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

That is such a wonderful quote. Living in Oregon I can appreciate it.

May 01, 2009 8:54 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

have a great weekend guys!

May 01, 2009 11:40 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Fred
Great advice
I've been in a storm for about a month now. It's about time I start to dance a little bit!

May 02, 2009 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Joe the Troll said...

Sounds like something Linus in the Peanuts strip would say. I wouldn't be surprised if that is where it came from, but I don't know.

May 04, 2009 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home