Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Three Months of Love

Yesterday marked three months that Martini has been a part of this family. Wow, that three months zoomed right by. Funny, now it feels like he has always been here, but I don’t take one minute of his being here for granted. Gotta put it all to memory to enjoy over and over.

He’s much more at home and comfortable these days than he was in the beginning. Now if we tease him with his toys, he’ll bark and show some healthy playful aggression. He wants to play tug of war and when he does he growls that little frustrated doggie growl.

Yesterday I was sitting on the carpet in the bedroom throwing his toys for him to fetch. He was playing and running his little legs off. At one point I threw the toy for him and he started to go fetch it but then he just stopped. He turned around wagging that little tail with his ears down and came running back to me, jumped in my lap, stood on his back legs and gave me a big doggie kiss right on my nose. That was a very special moment for both of us. I think it was a mutual toast of some sort to three months of having fun and feeling the love.

11 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

I'm glad he's worked in so well with you guys. I get the feeling even Fred would admit to liking the little guy.

May 06, 2009 2:29 AM  
Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

Does life get any better than a sweet doggie kiss in the morning? (Or anytime?)

Happy 3 month anniversary to Martini and the PoP household.

May 06, 2009 6:21 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Yup, definately sounds like he was worth waiting for.

May 06, 2009 6:59 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

I can't believe it has been 3 months already. Seems like the wait was worth it.

May 06, 2009 7:22 AM  
Blogger Tuesday Taylor said...

Wasn't sure if Martini was your dog or a new boyfriend!

May 06, 2009 7:41 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

That is a quick three months. Glad it's working out. :)

May 06, 2009 8:06 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

awwwwwwwww---
happy anniversary Martini!

May 06, 2009 12:13 PM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh how perfectly wonderful!

i am very glad for you and even moreso for him.

May 06, 2009 2:44 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

happy anniversary to you Mr Pop Fred and Martini
I'm so glad Martini now has a family to call his own.

May 06, 2009 7:33 PM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Oh my gosh, you made a little tear come to my eye.

I'm so glad you finally found your puppeh, and that he's worked out so well.

I think that even Fred loves him!

May 08, 2009 6:17 AM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

isnt it the best

May 09, 2009 3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home