Thursday, January 15, 2009

More about the invitation I received

Here’s a little bit more on the inaugural invite I received last weekend. You can also see what they look like in the picture.

Seems one million of these were mailed out to various people. I don’t know if my name was drawn out of a hat or what. (Does that make me one in a million?) From what I’m reading on the net, some people are getting them and thinking they are tickets or something. The paper that came with the invite clearly says you are invited to all public events if you are in the DC area. It also clearly states that it is a commemorative invitation. So I’m not sure what is confusing about that. Some are calling it junk, but to me it’s a gift.

Anyway, I’m saving mine, because to me, it’s just kind of special.

11 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

Yeah, I'd keep it too.

January 15, 2009 1:55 AM  
Blogger lisahgolden said...

I'd keep it, too. I think anyone who contributed to the Obama campaign received one.

January 15, 2009 3:12 AM  
Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

I think Lisa is right. I got one, too. It's purdy.

January 15, 2009 4:41 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

The least that cheapskate could have done is sent a coupon for half-off the next time you visit Pizza Joe's Great Italian Eatery. Limit 1 per customer.

January 15, 2009 6:30 AM  
Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Somethig special for a special chick.

January 15, 2009 8:32 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

i'd frame it! cool.

January 15, 2009 10:34 AM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

I got one too. I was kind of taken aback by it because when reading it I saw it didn't mean that I was invited to anything other than the public events which anyone can go to. I bet a lot of people thought it was an invitation that entitled them to actual tickets to the inauguration. It was quite pretty though.

January 15, 2009 10:51 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It's an acknowledgment, from a man who understands that acknowledgment is important. No, we're not invited to any private affairs; yes, we contributed money or time or both, and acknowledgment is entirely appropriate.

I did not need to be acknowledged and I'm even a little surprised about it.

Ten bucks says Madelyn Dunham hovered over that boy, making sure he wrote thank-you notes, for every Christmas and birthday gift he ever received.

Nothin' wrong with that.

January 15, 2009 2:31 PM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

Sure beats being trickled down upon.

January 15, 2009 3:30 PM  
Blogger La Belette Rouge said...

Very cool!!!

Thank you so much for coming by and visiting. I am so sorry to hear about your cat/Westie incident. So sad that they couldn't work it out. Happy to hear that Westie got a good home. Are you considering another Bichon?

January 15, 2009 9:30 PM  
Blogger two crows said...

Yes, cool!
yeah, I'd frame it if I got one.

January 15, 2009 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home