Monday, January 12, 2009

Best ten bucks spent this year

If you aren’t in financial trouble now, you are probably worried that you might be soon. Who isn’t?

In this time of financial anxiety I decided to buy one of Suze Orman’s books. This is a little paperback and at Barnes and Noble, it was ten bucks.
It’s only about 210 pages but it covers just about every financial situation possible and tells you what action you should take to work toward correcting the problem and also what to avoid.

I found “Suze Orman’s 2009 Action Plan” but to be a treasure. I’m not a big fan of Ms Orman’s, but she knows about money and how best to save and spend it. At a time like this, I’m not going to let my personal feelings about someone get in the way of a safer and more secure financial year ahead.

I strongly suggest that everyone pick up this little book. Not only will you feel more in control, but it’s like having a little financial adviser right there at home with you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

I will consider this. I usually find her so strident that it is hard to take her on TV, but to read... and to learn... that is another matter.

Thanks PoP!

January 12, 2009 3:34 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Thanks for the tip. I need all the help I can get.

January 12, 2009 4:58 AM  
Blogger lisahgolden said...

The woman who owns our local pizza place was telling me about the book the other day. I guess they were giving them away on Orman's website for a short time.

I'm betting Suze would tell me to go home and cook dinner instead of ordering a pizza because I was in a hurry and had other places to be...I won't mention that to the pizza lady.

January 12, 2009 10:11 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

I'm always torn about reading any of these financial self-help books; it all just requires so much effing energy and work. Maybe I'll give this one a try.

January 12, 2009 10:34 AM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll check out.

I recently signed up with myFico and have found regular monitoring of credit scores to be valuable but also dangerous if you're the least bit obsessive.

January 12, 2009 12:23 PM  
Blogger Fixer said...

Suze is a smart broad. I second your advice.

January 12, 2009 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give a look see PoP... good advice is good advice...

January 13, 2009 7:40 AM  
Blogger Targa said...

Hmmmm, I think the way to get ahead, financially, is to write a book.

Probably.

January 13, 2009 8:09 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

in answer to Targa:
it worked for J. K. Rowling!

January 14, 2009 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home