Monday, January 26, 2009

Back in the chase for a little dog

Here we go again on the project of getting a new little dog. This time I filled out an application for a Yorkie rescue. But I filled out the wrong application.

Here’s what happened. I found a Yorkie rescue site and there was a picture of a little dog who looked just right. I sent an email to the people listed at the site. I quickly received an email back with a link instructing me to fill out their application. Sadly, the link to the application site was incorrect. So I Googled for a Yorkie site and found what appeared to be the right one. I filled out the very long, very detailed application and submitted it. Then I emailed the lady to inform her that I had submitted my information for their consideration. She emailed me back that they did not receive the application.

By now I realized what had happened, I had applied to the wrong group. Being a little frustrated, I just said to hell with it, and mentally moved on.

Well, Sunday morning I got a call from the group where I had mistakenly applied. The lady told me about a little two year old Yorkie that needed a home. He’s about twenty miles from my home. Tomorrow they are taking him to the vet just to have his tires kicked and to check under his hood. They have all his medical records and he’s already been neutered. I can’t see him in person yet but she did tell me where I could see him on the net. Oh my god is he beautiful. I won’t direct you to his photo yet for privacy reasons. You just have to take my word for it. Plus, and this is a big plus, he loves cats!!

She didn’t say for sure that I could have him, but I have a better shot than some. Hopefully I will have good news by the end of the week. Keep your paws crossed for us, please.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Keeping every paw in the we-are household crossed for you all!!!

Loves cats...yay!!

January 26, 2009 4:44 AM  
Blogger JM said...

Good luck, hope this pans out!

January 26, 2009 5:47 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Good Luck on the Yorkie. My Mom and Dad had a Yorkie and the are cute little dogs. Their little dog had to share a house with my Dad's Siamese cat you mistreated him mightily. I know Fred will be a good boy though and share his Pop's.

January 26, 2009 5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, PoP. I hope you get that Yorkie. But be sure to discuss the matter with Fred. I suspect he won't enjoy the surprise much.

January 26, 2009 5:55 AM  
Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

Best of luck on the new addition and I hope he and Fred get along famously.

January 26, 2009 6:03 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh i will send happy furry thoughts!!!

January 26, 2009 7:09 AM  
Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I hope this works out for you.

January 26, 2009 7:49 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

yorkies are cool!

January 26, 2009 8:43 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Niblet and I have all our paws crossed!

I had a yorkie once--Scooter Pie. Sweetest little puppeh in the whole world!

January 26, 2009 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home