Monday, November 19, 2007

Sweet Madam Karma, she’s alive and well

A few years ago I needed a pet sitter for three days and nights. A friend recommended a lady to me. I met the lady and we talked about all sorts of things. The lady spoke in detail about her obsession for neat and tidy surroundings and since I am somewhat of a neat freak this sounded great to me. She was hired.

The plan was, she was to come to the house two and if possible three times a day and stay for a couple of hours. During the time she was here, she was to feed and walk Murphy while at the same time giving Fred the Cat his food and letting him out of his room and onto the patio to run around. Fred the Cat had his litter box and water bowl in his room at all times. That was the plan but the outcome was different.

The morning we returned home we drove into our driveway and clicked the remote to open the garage door. As the door rose the first thing we saw was our vacuum cleaner sitting in the middle of the garage floor with its cord all tangled up. The vacuum should have been in our spare bedroom. This was my first hint that something just wasn’t right.

Tune in tomorrow and find out what was wrong and how Sweet Madam Karma performed her magic.

21 Comments:

Blogger Michael Bains said...

??????

lol!

November 19, 2007 3:35 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

I love to be drawn in like this...

At least I know this, Fred and Murphy are still in the picture, so whatever she did did not include harming them. Permanently anyway.

November 19, 2007 3:39 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Doesn't bode well...but we'll just have to wait and see.

November 19, 2007 4:59 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Sounds like Fred the Cat had an "adventure in babysitting."

November 19, 2007 4:59 AM  
Blogger FreakyNick said...

I cliffhanger.....

November 19, 2007 5:50 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Wuh oh....

November 19, 2007 6:03 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

wha whoa! sounds interesting

November 19, 2007 6:52 AM  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

I set up a cat watcher for my last vacation, and despite strict instructions to keep the kitties in the garage with their food and catbox, she locked my three cats in my bathroom, and they ended up staining the white enamel tub pretty badly.

I don't think I'll evah leave my furry friends with a sitter again.

November 19, 2007 7:37 AM  
Blogger roger said...

great setup! i'm all ears. or eyes.

November 19, 2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

nobody takes care of them like we do, unfortunately.we have learned this, in our experience. and the kennel really freaks kitties out. what to do?

looking forward to the exciting finish to your "tail."

November 19, 2007 8:40 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

sometimes i'm not sure where i stand on the karma balance, whether i'm paying off or cashing in, but when it's good, it's very very good.

November 19, 2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

can't wait. ; )

November 19, 2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

WTF was the vaccuum doing in the garage?

Can't wait to find out.

November 19, 2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I'll be on egde until I find what happens next.

November 19, 2007 11:24 AM  
Blogger Targa said...

I hate cliff hangers!!!!
But, you know DAMN well I'll tune in tomorrow.

In the meantime I'll be muttering, cursing and grinding my teeth....

:)

November 19, 2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Sounds like the beginning to a great story. I'll be tuning in tomorrow...

November 19, 2007 11:44 AM  
Blogger fashiongirl said...

Could it be a drive-by cleaning?

November 19, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

When I'm rich I might get a hamster-sitter... haha!

;->...

November 19, 2007 2:46 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm guess kitty litter is involved?

November 19, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger pineapple said...

aaaah! a cliffhanger!

November 19, 2007 4:51 PM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

The Young and the Vacuum Cleaners

November 19, 2007 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home