Thursday, February 03, 2011

That Face


Saturday, February 5, will mark the second anniversary of the first time I saw that face. Yes, Martini has shared the past two years of our lives with us.

I remember like it was yesterday the moment his rescue mom rang my door bell. I was so excited and anxious at the same time. All sorts of questions were running through my head. Questions like will he like us, will we like him and will we all adjust to one another. Had I only known then what I know now, my mind would have been at ease.

After I signed all the papers and the foster mom left, I just stared at this little dog not quite believing he was ours. He was so gentle and so sweet.

The next morning I got an email from the foster mom telling me she cried all the way back to her house. When her husband came home that night he was mad at her because he hadn’t had a chance to tell Martini good bye. Her husband said, “Maybe things won’t work out at his new home and they will give him back to us.” She said she told him, “There’s not a chance in hell that little dog will ever leave that house. The bond was there the second she and that little dog met.”

The foster mom was right as rain. There wasn’t a chance in hell that little dog would leave this house then and the chances are even less today. We have shared two years and we are looking forward to many many more.

(Yes, those are a few of him many dog toys he has received these past two years scattered on the carpet behind him.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

That face, that face
That dangerous face
I mustn't be unwise
Those lips, that nose, those eyes
Could lead to my demise
That face, that face
That marvelous face
I never should begin
Those cheeks, that neck, that chin
Will surely do me in

February 03, 2011 12:59 PM  
Blogger dguzman said...

I'm so happy for you, PoP. Long may Martini rein!

Although I do miss Fred's updates.

February 06, 2011 7:55 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

So glad for you and Martini, congratulations. I can't believe it's two years already.

February 16, 2011 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home