Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Way Martini Rolls


I took this picture at the green market this past Saturday. While Martini was safely enclosed in his stroller another small dog was stepped on and badly injured by one of the shoppers. It was a nightmarish scene that will haunt me for a long time.

When we witnessed the accident I told Mr. Pop, “This carriage is worth its weight in gold.”

Little dogs enjoy being with their humans but humans must realize that little dogs stand the risk of harm when they are on their leash and amongst so many big humans and big human feet.

I don’t know how badly that little dog was harmed but from the looks of his condition, it was really bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

your post coincides with my realization that I cannot let my dogs ride in the car unsecured -- fun though it may be. in an accident, they will be projectiles headed for windows or me.

Martini looks cute ridin' in stroller.

February 01, 2011 12:58 PM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Martini looks like he is loving his ride! Smart move to not have him "underfoot" with so many big feet around.

I'll send a little wish for good health for the poor little one who got stepped on.

February 02, 2011 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Steve Rubenfaer said...

Grateful forr sharing this

January 17, 2024 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home