Monday, February 07, 2011

Another Manic Monday

Last Monday I was manic because due to a reaction to his annual shots Martini felt bad and refused to eat. I’m a dog mom and something like that worries the hell out of me. By Tuesday morning his appetite had returned and he was fine. There was a great sigh of relief at this house.

Because Martini had an appointment with the vet today to have his teeth cleaned I couldn’t feed him anything this morning. From the time he got up this morning he followed me around with this little question mark over his head. He just couldn’t understand why he couldn’t have any food. I felt like the worst person in the world every time I looked at him.

I just called the vet and Martini came through the procedure just fine and is ready to come home. In case you didn’t know, February is National Dental Awareness Month for dogs and cats so get you pet to the vet to check out his or her pearly whites.

Hopefully next Monday will be less prone to being manic for Martini and me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

I am a bad dog mommy...I've never had my dogs' teeth cleaned. I give them a lot of hard chewy cookies....I suppose I should read up on the efficacy of brushing their teeth.

February 07, 2011 2:04 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

I know, I always feel terrible when I'm not allowed to give my dog anything for breakfast. If it's a person, they understand. But how do you explain to the dog why he can't eat? Glad Martini came through well and has nice clean shiny choppers.

February 16, 2011 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home