Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This Little Creature


This is a sight I often see sometime during the day. Martini, awakening from his nap. He’s so small and depends on me, his caretaker, to protect him from all things large harmful. He has no conception of aggressiveness or danger. He’s never met a person or thing he didn’t love.

We have some friends who have a large ten year old golden retriever. We took Martini to their house once and I think they were sort of miffed that I wouldn’t let Martini down to “play” with their dog. I just couldn’t. Even though they say that their dog plays with another Yorkie that belongs to a neighbor, I didn’t trust their dog. Martini is a new dog to their dog and it would only take one move by this big dog to injure Martini.

Well, last night these friends called us and invited us to dinner at their house this weekend. They made a point of asking us to bring Martini too. Mr. Pop said we would love to and now that Martini has his carriage we would bring that for him to be in while we eat and visit. Again our friend insisted that their dog would be fine around Martini and they could “play”.

I just can’t let Martini loose in their house to “play” with such a big dog. My gut tells me it’s dangerous and in the past my vet has told me the same thing. You never know how any dog is going to react to another dog, especially a big older dog to a strange little dog. So we will accept their invitation but Martini will either be held by my or be in his carriage. If their dog did hurt or god forbid kill my dog hearts would be broken and a friendship of so many years would be in all kinds of jeopardy. I’m going with my heart and gut on this, knowing if I do, I will have no regrets.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sewmouse said...

The more the two meet, the more they will grow to know each other. I think your approach of not letting them loose together until you feel comfortable is the right one.

Maybe there would be no problem at all, but if something DID happen, your friends would be horrified, and you're right, it would affect the friendship.

Better safe than sorry!

February 26, 2011 12:44 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

I think you're right to be cautious. Better safe than sorry!

March 24, 2011 6:43 PM  
Blogger blogger said...

geciktirici sprey
geciktirici stag sprey,
geciktirme spreyi,
zayıflama,
sperm arttırıcı,
kırışıklık kremi
kısırlık tedavisi,
zayıflama hapı ,
kirpik uzatıcı
gögüs büyütücü,
x hamste

January 17, 2013 2:57 AM  
Anonymous stag geciktirici spray said...

geciktirici ,geciktirici sprey ,stag geciktiric

March 06, 2016 5:59 AM  
Anonymous penis büyütücü said...

peniis büyütücü ,penis büyütücü hap,v-pllis

March 06, 2016 6:04 AM  
Anonymous fare kovucu said...

fare kovucu
haşere kovucu
riddex haşere kovucu

March 06, 2016 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home