Monday, November 02, 2009

Staying Home this Year

Yea! We have decided to stay home for Thanksgiving this year. For the past several years we have traveled to have Thanksgiving dinner with Mr. Pop’s relatives, but this year will be different.

This year the aroma of roasting turkey will waft through our house. The sound of the parades will come from our TV. And maybe best of all, the leftovers will be temptingly in our refrigerator. Oh, and the football games will be watched uninterrupted by chit chat.

For the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to Thanksgiving. The preparations and cooking are a lot of work, but oh the rewards!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

I've given up going places on the holidays. In this area (NYC) the traffic (both car and air) gets so crazy it just ain't worth it. I just can't bring myself to spend more time on the road than I do at the actual visit.

November 02, 2009 3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home