Monday, June 15, 2009

A Frog Sitting on the Toilet

Saturday morning we were about to leave to go run some errands. Like everyone knows, the last thing you do before leaving the house is make a trip to the restroom. I was going about following this sage advice in the bathroom that adjoins our bedroom . I went in and closed the door, lifted the lid on the toilet and got one hell of a surprise. There sitting on the seat of the toilet was one large Cuban tree frog.

I stared at the frog and he stared right back at me. My first thought was that Mr. Pop had caught the frog outside and placed him on the toilet seat to get a rise (no pun intended) out of me. I opened the bathroom door and called to Mr. Pop. I said, “Did you do this?” Mr. Pop came into the bathroom and saw me looking into the toilet bowl. You can imagine what might have been going through his head until he saw the visiting frog.

Mr. Pop caught the frog while I held Martini. We didn’t need a frog hopping all over the place with a little dog going after him. The frog was released outside unharmed. We have no idea how he got in the house or on the seat of the toilet. We know he couldn’t have come through the window screen, as even small lizards can’t do that. Mr. Pop swears he had nothing to do with this frog caper. I do believe him but for the life of both of us, we just don’t have a clue how he got there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

Might want to interrogate Fred ...

June 15, 2009 2:54 AM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

i am with fixer, fred needs to be sworn in -- perhaps Judge Sotomayor can officiate.

June 15, 2009 4:40 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

It's unanimous...I would query Fred as it sounds like something he would do.

June 15, 2009 5:12 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

I live in florida, too. fortunately, I have been spared your ordeal -- so far.

could it have swum in through the drain trap? if you don't think so, I'm with the others: shine a light in Fred's eyes and see if he blinks.

June 15, 2009 11:33 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Maybe he just needed to "go" and your bathroom was handy?

June 16, 2009 6:22 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Like the alligators in the sewers, he swum up through the toilet, obviously!

June 17, 2009 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home