Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Life the old way

You can’t turn on TV these days without hearing how totally “ducking” crazy the republicans are or how awful the financial mess is in our country. So I have pretty much opted out of listening to much of this. Instead I am reconnecting with the simple pleasures of life.

I’m not worried about what I do or don’t have because right now , that doesn’t matter very much. Instead I am remembering what truly makes me happy, not what the world tells me should make me happy. I like my way so much better. There is never enough time to waste on what could have been or what should have been. We only have now.

Saturday nights have become my favorite night of the week. We decide Saturday morning what we will have for dinner that night and do our shopping accordingly. Saturday night Mr. Pop fixes my favorite cocktail for me and he cooks whatever we earlier decided to have. We just talk, have cocktails, play with Martini and totally cocoon for the evening. What a delicious evening in so many different ways.

I don’t know about you, but I can do with a little less “stuff” because that was never really the source of happiness anyway. Life with less worry and clutter works well for me.

8 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

totally agree here, with news in general for me!
We have stopped going out as much for meals. we have friends with which we trade off cooking. then movie @home or just plain laughing at each other!

March 03, 2009 4:08 AM  
Blogger billie said...

couldn't agree more :)

March 03, 2009 5:38 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

So you guys drown your problems in the sauce. I see. ;-)

March 03, 2009 6:19 AM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

I like the use of "cocoon" as a noun. That's something we enjoy from time to time as well.

March 03, 2009 8:09 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Too many choices = too much clutter in my book. Simple still remains a goal atop my list.

March 03, 2009 10:20 AM  
Blogger Peter of Lone Tree said...

Was Brad "blackdog" Turner a commenter back when you were blogging "over here?"
There's an "obit" for him at http://bigbrassblog.com/index.php?itemid=2563 as well as at Liz' site http://blondesense.blogspot.com/

March 03, 2009 1:49 PM  
Blogger two crows said...

hi PoP--
what a wonderful way to live your life!

March 03, 2009 8:36 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

We're doing a bit more of that cocooning too. As long as I can afford internet I'm content!

March 06, 2009 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home