Thursday, February 19, 2009

I really should be ashamed, but honestly, I ‘m not


I haven’t been making the blog rounds for about a week or so now. I throw my post up for the day and swoosh, I’m gone from the computer for the greater part of the day. I just can’t concentrate on reading as of late. Maybe it has something to do with this little creature who is sitting here on the floor with a little pink pig toy in his mouth.

I have been thinking about things lately and I think I have come up with a rational reason for the amount of time I have spent on the computer for the past three plus years. The last two years of Murphy’s life I was more of a caregiver than anything else. Once he was settled in and sleeping in the mornings, I would escape in body and mind to the computer to avoid what I knew would one day be the inevitable. I knew it, I just didn’t want to watch him and be reminded of it all day each day. The computer took all those thoughts and hid them for a while. It covered the depression that I was feeling daily.

Then after Murphy’s death (it’s still difficult to write those four words) I came to the computer for almost a year, again as my friend who took my mind off thoughts I didn’t want to think. It was sort of like that commercial, “Calgon take me away”, and my computer did indeed take me away.

But now all that has changed. I have this sweet little creature who just wants to play and have fun all day long. He’s new life and a life that has a long happy future. I am a sucker for happiness. It’ll get me every time. I don’t want to miss a moment of this new happiness, not one moment of any of it.

So please forgive me for being selfish and pretty much ignoring my computer during the day, I just have new experiences to explore and relish right now. Oh sure, I’ll continue to post just as I always have, you just might not see my paw prints very much around the web for a little while.

(the photo above is courtesy of the rescue group)

16 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

I'm glad you are so happy, POP. Blogs be damned, enjoy the little fella. Hope Fred is warming up to him.

February 19, 2009 2:40 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

The internets, save for Teddy Stevens, are merely one facet of life among millions.

Now, if you stopped posting entirely, then we might have words.

February 19, 2009 5:04 AM  
Blogger billie said...

pop honey, it's ok. all of us need to have a little time away )channeling my inner chicago :) the world doesn't change much- there's still greed, hunger, war, greed, etc. and we need to live in the moment while we can. you have life and joy and you should enjoy it. the rest of us and it will be here when you come back.

February 19, 2009 5:26 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

In our "World of Warcraft" guild, there is one key rule - Family Comes First!

Nobody should ever feel bad about putting their family first, and a new "baby" in the house makes that rule even more important. Soft Pats to Martini and a gentle head-scritch to Fred.

February 19, 2009 6:31 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Enjoy your new pup. That's all that really matters. Well, that and Fred, of course.

February 19, 2009 7:57 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Such a cutie! OMG! I'd be with this little one instead of the computer as well!

February 19, 2009 8:00 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

no shame.
be happy.
and tell Fred and Martini hi for me. :)

February 19, 2009 8:58 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

he is family. that says it all.

February 19, 2009 9:58 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

I too have been away from the computer of late, and I don't even have a cute puppy!

Go play with the puppy!

February 19, 2009 11:17 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

have fun!

February 19, 2009 12:10 PM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Set up a blogger account for the new dog so you can spend time together, online with US.

Problem solved.

February 19, 2009 12:34 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Totally understandable! Enjoy! We'll still be here!

February 19, 2009 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashamed? For what? That's a cute dog you have there. He looks really happy to home.

February 19, 2009 7:22 PM  
Blogger lisahgolden said...

You're kidding, right?

I can't imagine telling that adorable dog that you can't play right now.

February 21, 2009 6:25 PM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

we get so involved in our blog worlds that often times we forget about our immediate world of family and animals, and what they have to offer. You've got your priorities right! Enjoy.

February 23, 2009 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post.

December 26, 2009 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home