Monday, December 01, 2008

The Good, The Bad and Tomorrow, The Funny



The good part about our Thanksgiving trip was that Mr. Pop surprised me with a trip to Busch Gardens in Tampa. It had been years and years since we had visited the park. Even better, he had purchased special tickets which gave us the opportunity to ride out to where the animals live. We rode in the open back of a safari like truck. Once near the giraffes, the truck stopped and the park person opened a cooler on the truck filled with fresh, crisp, chilled romaine lettuce. Seems giraffes love this stuff because about six or seven of them surrounded the truck and their big heads moved right in among us as they munched the lettuce we handfed them. Everywhere we looked there were giraffe necks, heads and mouths. We could touch them all along their head and neck. I had so much fun and laughed so much that I think I became a little kid during those moments. I’ll never forget the experience. Ever had a giraffe nudge your head and back with it’s big beautiful head? Ever hug a giraffe’s neck? Now I can say that I sure have.

Yes, the female on the left in the second picture, wearing the white USF sweatshirt is me and as Mr. Pop often says, “All that hair”.

The bad part was, I woke up in the hotel Thursday morning sick as hell. I was just way too sick to attend the big family Turkey Day dinner. Mr. Pop went but only stayed a few hours. I slept the whole time he was gone. He was sweet and brought back a plate filled with all the required Thanksgiving dinner treats. I picked at it but was just sick to really chow down.

By Friday morning I was feeling a little better and by Sunday I was almost as good as new. I guess Madam Karma showed me a thing or two. After all my smarty pants comments last week about what I might say or do at the family Thanksgiving dinner, she twanged me with her magic sick twanger and kept my smarty pants attitude sick in the bed.

Tomorrow I’ll tell you about the funny part of the trip….at least it seems funny now.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

How I love the giraffes!! What a great surprise.

This reminds me of a trip I once took with a special behind the scenes portion, at the San Diego zoo, many years ago.

And we can see you and your hair!

I am sorry that you were sick but I am also glad that you did not have to endure where the conversation may have taken you.

Looking forward to "teh funneh."

December 01, 2008 2:34 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh i would have loved to touch a giraffe. i'm glad you are feeling better.

December 01, 2008 5:26 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Other than the sick bit it seems like a good weekend. I'll look forward to the funny tomorrow.

December 01, 2008 5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you! I love "all that hair." That looks like so much fun, PoP.

Sorry you were sick. I guess we all need to watch for Karma, don't we? I was sick on Thanksgiving, too.

Glad you're better.

December 01, 2008 6:53 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Beeyoutiful hair!

Too bad you had a sick time while gone. We understand karma.

Luf, Us

December 01, 2008 7:35 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

WE went there last summer with the grandkids, who LOVE giraffes! they loved it too! I must say it was a neato adventure.
I'm surorised the giraffes didn't try an eat your hair

December 01, 2008 8:32 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Hair! Woo! Très sexy!

December 02, 2008 6:20 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Sorry the vast right-wing conspiracy made you sick, Pop.

You have some sexy hair!

December 03, 2008 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah PoP...nice hair. Too bad you fell ill on Thanksgiving dinner. Last weekend, we had quite a bit of that happening in our house. Not pretty. Hey, at least you had fun with the giraffes.

December 07, 2008 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home