Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No Molly, at least not yet

I don’t know what happened yesterday, but nothing did. The lady from the shelter told us Sunday that she would call me early Monday morning to arrange to bring Molly to our house. I waited and waited for that call. It didn’t come. We were assured Sunday that we were as good as gold as far as our adoption application.

I called the shelter to inquire what had happened but the shelter is closed on Mondays. I sent an email to the address on the shelters site asking what had happened. I had already made a vet appointment for Molly for Saturday and a grooming appointment for Friday. I don’t know if I need to cancel these appointments or what.

So what was supposed to be such a happy day was nothing but disappointing, sad and frustrating. Today begins a new day and Mr. Pop and I are going to the shelter and get our little dog one way or another. Molly is going to live here, no matter what.

17 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

You go, girl. Best of luck!

November 11, 2008 2:58 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

Oh my- hang in there. One certain Gracie dog at this end says all will be well and that she is hopeful Molly will be home with you all soon!

I can't imagine that waiting though and having the shelter closed.

We send you our every good thought and look forward to meeting Molly.

November 11, 2008 3:52 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Keeping fingers and other stuff crossed PoP. Molly needs a home.

November 11, 2008 4:38 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

good for you!

November 11, 2008 5:46 AM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

fingers crossed
molly deserves someone like you

November 11, 2008 5:58 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Go Pop. Molly Like distributorcap says, Molly deserves you.

November 11, 2008 6:41 AM  
Blogger roger said...

take fred. nothing like a little muscle to impress them.

November 11, 2008 6:50 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

FREE MOLLY!!!!

November 11, 2008 7:01 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

POP, bust 'em up old school.

November 11, 2008 7:14 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Maw worked for a non-profit shelter for awhile. She gave up because some people have various views of what constitutes sound adoption policies. Anyway, good luck with getting Molly.

Luf, Us

November 11, 2008 8:46 AM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Probably just a glitch. Keep us posted, I have my fingers crossed you'll be bringing Molly home today!

November 11, 2008 8:51 AM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

Pop and I are going to the shelter and get our little dog one way or another. Molly is going to live here, no matter what.

Wirecutters + a black ninja costume + a grappling hook and rope = Molly at your house.

November 11, 2008 1:20 PM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Give PoP her dog, dammit!

November 11, 2008 1:30 PM  
Blogger two crows said...

I hope you got her today, PoP-- I just hope they didn't close for Veterans' Day. . . .

Hang in there-- glitches happen. You'll get her.

November 11, 2008 7:26 PM  
Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

Shelter people: Don't get Pissed Off Patricia Pissed Off.

You wouldn't like her when she's Pissed Off.

November 11, 2008 7:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know you are determined to see this through and I support you, Patricia! My Best!!! :)

November 11, 2008 10:21 PM  
Blogger Cujo359 said...

When you get there, tell them a large, drooling carnivore is looking for Molly and won't take no for an answer. Use my name if you think they're sufficiently well read.

November 12, 2008 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home