Friday, August 01, 2008

My Big Week


I guess you guys heard from Pop earlier this week that I am now registered. The city found out about me because the vet has to report to them every animal she vaccinates for rabies. Recently I had my three year booster shot. This reporting process only began last year. And just for the record, as anyone who is owned by a feline knows, we cats register only one way. We are Independents.

Something else happened to me this week. I discovered that having my hair brushed is pleasant. Pop tried to brush my hair a couple of years back and I went all Tasmanian devil on her. Her hands were bloody and covered in my fur. This time Mr. Pop decided to give it a try. Maybe I’m mellowing out with age, but I didn’t fight him. In fact, I stretched out and allowed him to brush away. He claims to have brushed out enough hair to make a whole other cat.

Now don’t think that I’ve lost all my fight. If he gets near my tummy with that brush, things could get ugly. I think I have made the rules very clear.

So as this week draws to an end, I am a registered cat with the shiniest coat you have ever seen. Too bad I’m an inside cat because I think the way I look now would just drive the lady cats wild!

Have a great weekend and maybe give something new a try. You might like it.

Sincerely,
Fred the Cat (the cat who loves you guys!)

17 Comments:

Blogger Distributorcap said...

fred

independent or not, we love you.

August 01, 2008 3:50 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

have a great weekend!

August 01, 2008 4:24 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

I bet you do look sharp Fred and you are now legal. Two big wins this week.

August 01, 2008 4:28 AM  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Have a wonderful time this weekend folks!

August 01, 2008 6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brushing is the gateway grooming. Pretty soon, you'll be begging to be vacuumed with the brush attachment. One of my Pussies for Peace does that.

P.S. The Pussies for Peace think you're very hot. Meow!

August 01, 2008 6:32 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

Vacuumed? I'd be killed by our cats!

August 01, 2008 6:36 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Way to go dood. Hang in there and dunt worry bowt bein' registered.

Luf, Us

August 01, 2008 7:51 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

omg, dcup!
HOW did you convert your cat???
Jake is part hooman and he hasn't gone nearly that far!
he runs from the hand-vac and as for Maurice [the robo-vac] well-- have you ever seen a paranoid- schizophrenic cat?
drop by sometime when Maurice is doing his thing.

August 01, 2008 9:38 AM  
Blogger jmsjoin said...

Fred sounds now that your registered you are ready to look the role of aristocat! Have a nice weekend.

August 01, 2008 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, Chester likes a good brushing, too, especially when the bristles get near his tail. I hope you're not as messy as he is though... he's shedding now and leaving clumps of hair everywhere. Have a great weekend.

August 02, 2008 7:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fred: You are cool Cat! :D

August 02, 2008 10:02 AM  
Blogger poopie said...

happy weekend fred. give PoP a big hug for me :)

August 02, 2008 1:02 PM  
Blogger Forrest Proper said...

Our cats both love being brushed. You just have to forget your dignity and go with it.

August 03, 2008 4:05 AM  
Blogger Swinebread said...

cats and tummies... oh the horror!

August 03, 2008 8:57 AM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

Fred, it is good to open up and learn to accept love and care from those who love you. Someday, who knows?, maybe you'll be ready for tummy grooming,.

August 03, 2008 3:47 PM  
Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

FYI, there's some impostor calling himself Fred over on I Can Has Cheezburger?

August 05, 2008 6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, Fred, Fred--I love you, registered or not!! Get some rest now, you poor overworked creature. It's been a tuff week.
PS Bob and Petunia say Hi!!

August 06, 2008 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home