Sunday, September 10, 2006

Tagged, so here goes

A book that changed my life
I’m not sure any one book changed my life. Lots of books have had a deep and emotional effect on me. Mostly stories I read as a kid because they allowed me to see that life could be much better than what I saw around me.

A book I've read more than once
“A Land Remembered” and also “Angel City”, both written by Patrick D. Smith, are the first two that come to mind.

A book I would take with me if I were stuck on a desert island
Some sort of survival guide because I would definitely need it. I’m not good at roughing it. My idea of roughing it is staying in a hotel that doesn’t leave chocolate on your pillow after evening turn down service. I’m kidding, sort of.

A book that made me laugh
Name any Hiaasen book here and it’ll fill the bill. Carl Hiaasen’s books take me out of this strange world we live in today and into and even stranger world, but that world is funny.

A book that made me cry
When I was little, my mother read "Black Beauty" to me and I cried. That was the first book that made me cry and I surely did cry a lot.

A book that I wish had been written
The Two Term Presidency of Mr. Al Gore and his Amazing Accomplishments

A book I wish had never been written
The Left Behind books because I feel they have given people false hope and distorted the view of a lot of innocent yet gullible people.

A book I've been meaning to read
"Hubris", by Michael Isikoff and David Corn. I will be purchasing it this weekend.

A book I'm currently reading
I’m in between books as of right now. The last two I read were “The One Percent Doctrine” and “Cobra II”. As soon as I get "Hubris" in my sweaty little paws that’s what I’ll be reading.

I was tagged for this by the following
Blueberry
Dusty
Mimus Pauly

If I missed anyone please forgive me. Let me know who you are and I’ll sign your tab for all your drinks.

14 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

You should study Einstein, and read Einstein On Peace.

September 10, 2006 2:16 AM  
Blogger Lew Scannon said...

Yes, those annoying "Left Behind" books. Some one is milking a cash cow there. They remind me of the Goosebumps series my kids like, only not as well written.

September 10, 2006 6:18 AM  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Childhood books that made a difference: "Eight Cousins" and "Rose In Bloom" both by Alcott. Both feature strong, competent women and the true meanings of good and evil.

Currently reading the debates on the Constitution. Since so many people are trying to destroy it, I thought a refresher on what it took to create the document was in order.

Longing to read: The End of Iraq, Churchill's Folly, and Hubris

September 10, 2006 6:47 AM  
Blogger JBlue said...

Great list!

September 10, 2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

wow! this tag is still around.


A book I wish had never been written
The Left Behind books


ha ha! so true.

September 10, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

here's mine the Hiassen books are hilarious. i shouldn't have left him out. the left behind books are repulsive. they don't scare me as much as their fans do though. i even have one on my shelves. know the enemy and all that.

September 10, 2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Blueberry said...

I haven't read any of the Left Behind books, but I just wish they would stop fanticizing about leaving us behind and DO it!! Maybe we could avoid the upcoming Holy War and living under a Theocracy. Buh-Bye already! Thanks for the nice car.

September 10, 2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Not sure this one's up my alley, but if we were to talk film... well...

September 10, 2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

No kidding! Those Left Behind fans are nutcases & yeah, leave already!

September 10, 2006 10:05 PM  
Blogger Crackpot Press said...

I just read the best book no one has heard of... it's called "Home Land" by Sam Lipsyte.

Think of a 35 yeard old X-rated Holden Caufield...

September 10, 2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger Sothis said...

One book that changed my life and that I have read more than once--Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. I read it when I was 17, still have it in my library, and reread it once or twice a year.

September 11, 2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger Jim Yeager said...

I like.

The Left Behind books are just one series in what appears to be a burgeoning industry of false prophecy tracts masquerading as religious books -- a book store's section devoted to this trash is often larger than its science section. Which is pathetic.

Sure, you can scam believers, make tons of money, and live like a monarch. If you don't mind what you have to give up to get there...

September 11, 2006 5:31 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Book I wish had been written:
"Cohones" by the Democratic Party

September 11, 2006 7:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah thanks for playing along Pop..you books are duly noted :)

September 11, 2006 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home