Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Happiness is Not an Empty Martini Glass


And so far, my day has been just like an empty martini glass.

This morning is not going well. We are selling our other house and the buyer is dicking us around to the point that I am greatly disgusted with him, the contract, and everything involved. This is supposed to be the day we close on the sale and the buyer is, well, he’s apparently a jerk and we aren’t sure if we’ll close or there will be yet another delay. I am mentally frazzled with this entire situation. Living in limbo does not suit me well. Let’s just say not only am I not in my happy place, I can’t even remember what it looks like. Perhaps events will change today and the clouds will part. But for now reality is sort of sucky.

Since I am so agitated with this real morning, I’m going to create my own fantasy morning.

Wake up to sunshine peaking through my window. Turn on the news. Hear that President Feingold has indeed named Al Gore as Secretary of the Interior. Great choice. The newscaster goes on to say that since President Feingold was able to reach out to the United Nations and get their cooperation there is finally peace in Iraq. The next item is something about the prison time the old administration will be serving. I wouldn’t pay much attention to that because I would be waiting for the story about President Feingold being able to persuade former President Clinton to become his Secretary of State. Then I realize my cheeks are hurting because of that giant smile on my face.

Oh, if only that were true. If it was, I think we would be able to handle this day to day bs so much better.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PoPatricia, I'm sorry you're having such a crappy day. I found this little cartoon that I thought might make you laugh. I don't know why, but I thought it was hilarious. I would never, never do this with my martini (vodka, dirty, with extra olives)

simple instructions

April 12, 2006 8:27 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I loved the fantasy and it put a smile on my face too. Humor is often the best medicine.

April 12, 2006 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PoP, just keep thinking about the day you found out that Murphy just had a minor health problem.
And thinking of that time...here's one attcha again...

((((((((HUG))))))))

April 12, 2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

The cartoon was great. Now if the Feingold thing just make it to reality, what a wonderful world! Good luck on the house.

April 12, 2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Pogo said...

PoP, been there, done that, have the t-shirt. Look on the bright side, you never know what could happen to the jerk. In my case, he has lost his business and been arrested 3 times for tax evasion and criminal fraud. Seeing that on the evening news ... priceless.

colleen, make that two dirty vodka martinis with extra olives - of course for those with a memory and who give a shit, I like the little coctail onions.

April 12, 2006 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PoP, you a "24" fan? If so, this should make you feel better... :-)

April 12, 2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Well, the buyer defaulted again and since the contract has expired, he's out of our lives and the house is back on the market. Thank goodness! This deal was smelly from the beginning and it just didn't feel right. Whew, it's cocktail time and I am soooo ready.

April 12, 2006 2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pop: Be thankful you are rid of this person.

April 12, 2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Sable, I am so very very glad he's out of our lives. I love that house and Mr. Pop and I lived there a long time. I do not want an asshole living there, no matter what. Just went over there to the house to visit with my memories. Made me feel good.

Our realtor has about been driven nuts by this character and his slick ways.

I stick with my theory that things always work out for the best, and you should listen to your heart and your head when making decisions. Hasn't failed me yet. :)

April 12, 2006 3:02 PM  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Congratulations on evicting the jerk from your life. I'm a 20 year old single malt girl myself, but have an extra olive on me.

Given my theory that the only real constant is change, when in the dumps, pleasure can't be far behind.

April 12, 2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PoP, you are a dreamer! Keep it up and blog on.

April 12, 2006 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pop: My mother would agree with you about things working out for the best.

April 12, 2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Wake up! You're dreaming the good dream again!

April 12, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger eProf2 said...

PoP, we had a similar situation when we were selling our home in northern CA before moving to AZ. Not only did it happen once, but it happened twice. Thankfully, we had a sizable earnest money down agreement that was forfeited with each failed sale. Sure, we lost time but we didn't lose any money. I'm sitting here with a nice glass of cabernet and the world looks pretty damn good. I hope the martini is working for you. Your house will sell and to just the right person. Hang in there!

April 12, 2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Pins and needles. Nothing like waiting on closure to set you on the sharp, pointy objects. Hope it alls turns out well.

April 13, 2006 1:02 AM  
Blogger JBlue said...

I remember a real estate agent telling me last summer that very often by the time a sale goes through, the buyer and seller absolutely hate each other. Bummer. Hope it gets better.

April 14, 2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Nice fantasy...have another martini sister! (Actually, pendulums are known to swing and this administration may fuck themselves yet (pardon the French).

April 16, 2006 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home