Friday, November 14, 2008

My Close Call


Hey folks, thanks for your concern but I’m fine. The dog just knocked me against the door really hard. Mr. Pop grabbed the dog before any other damage could be done. The Pops had me checked out just to be sure I had no broken bones. I’m kinda sore, and I sure am glad Mr. Pop was so close by.

You know, I had never met a dog who was my enemy before. Murphy and I were buddies. I would walk up to him and smoosh my head into all that soft white fur. The only time he would get testy was if he was eating and I got too close to his food bowl, but even then he would just give me a look that said, Back off!

So the dog had to be returned to the shelter and the vet’s helper can go through the channels of adoption from there. I know Pop’s heart was broken yesterday. All you had to do was look at her to know. But from this cat’s point of view, I like the return of my serenity. All that barking and growling wasn’t pleasant. We cats need our naps. Those little catnaps that begin about eight in the morning and end about five in the afternoon.

Again thank you for all your comments this past week, it means a lot to Pop and to me.

Have a good weekend and grab a catnap if you get a chance

Sincerely,
Fred the Cat (the cat who loves you guys)

19 Comments:

Blogger FreakyNick said...

Glad you're doing well Fred. I'll take your advice on the catnaps.

November 14, 2008 3:22 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Glad you are OK but a buddy would have been fun too.

November 14, 2008 4:38 AM  
Blogger billie said...

happy to hear you are on the mend and that you will be there to comfort the pops. they'll get it right soon- and then you all will have another good friend to share your lives with.

November 14, 2008 5:05 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

happy to see you are ok, and catnaps keep you young!

November 14, 2008 5:28 AM  
Blogger Matthew Hubbard said...

Keep a healthy schedule, Fred. The best revenge is living well.

November 14, 2008 5:41 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

Glad you survived, Fred!

November 14, 2008 6:19 AM  
Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Not to worry Fred. You'll have a canine buddy soon. It just takes time to find that special friend.

November 14, 2008 6:34 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well, Fred the cat.
From...Jack, Grace and Will
:::Power to the Felines:::

November 14, 2008 6:34 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Long live Fred the Cat!

In between those oh-so-necessary catnaps, please be sure to give PoP some extra lovin'. I'm sure you both need it.

And take a little extra Cosmic 'Nip from me, buddy!

November 14, 2008 6:49 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Hey Fred, that was a close one. Glad you came out unscathed and able to do your usual Friday musings. Have a good and restful weekend.

November 14, 2008 7:18 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Good thing that you are AOK Fred! Silly dog. Perhaps there will be a feline friendly pooch in your future.

Luf, Us

November 14, 2008 7:28 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

seems like you should eb given catnip not a catnap

November 14, 2008 7:55 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

I am so sorry that it didn't work out and but I am very glad that you are fine.

We were lucky over here and you too will soon be lucky over there.

November 14, 2008 1:43 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Oh no! So sorry Molly didn't work out but I'm glad Fred is OK and that the employee at the vet's office will take in Molly.

Perhaps on your next try, see if you can get a rescue dog that has been fostered in a house with cats? Doesn't always guarantee a great relationship (Diva lived in a house with cats but she still chases Baxter) but at least we knew she wouldn't actually harm our cat.

Fred - Baxter sends his Regards and Sympathies. He knows how Annoying Dogs can be.

November 14, 2008 9:51 PM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

Fred, you look purdy darned good up on that table. Be nice to PoP, she's been on a crazy roller coaster of emotions with Molly. Snuggle up to her a little more often these days -- I think she needs it.

November 16, 2008 9:16 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

So glad you're ok, Fred.
Give some extra lovin to the PoPs and let them love on you a little extra, too.

You all will find that special canine to share your lives soon, I can feel it in my bones.

Jake sends his love, too -- but he's taking your advice right now -- and catnapping.

November 16, 2008 9:31 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Fred the Cat glad you are OK

November 16, 2008 10:45 AM  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Fred,

I am pleased that you are okay and that Molly will have a good home despite roughing you up a bit.

We have two new kittens who have the good taste to be black and white which is a long line of brave and noble felines such as yourself.

November 16, 2008 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 18, 2008 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home