Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Houston, Molly has landed!

After a phone call yesterday and a message we left, we quickly got a return call from the lady at the shelter. She had taken Molly and her crate to the shelter’s thrift shop and was waiting for us. The thrift shop is much closer to our home than the shelter is by miles.

When we arrived at the thrift shop there was a sign on the door that said “Closed”. There was another older lady inside and she pointed to the closed sign and shook her head no. I looked at Mr. Pop and he looked at me. I held my copy of the adoption certificate up so the older lady could see it. Still she shook her head no. At this point I was about ready to tell Mr. Pop to start up the car and we would create a new drive-in window for this thrift shop.

Thankfully the lady we had spoken with on the phone was inside and saw us at the door. She opened the door and Molly came bounding over to me. We had doggie licks and tears all mixed up together.

So Molly is home. She and Fred the Cat have smelled one another under the door, but they haven’t met yet. One thing at a time and easy as she goes. There is plenty of time for meet and greet.

So far Molly is a perfect lady. She had one little pee-pee accident but that was because I missed her signal to me that she needed to go out. She doesn’t jump on the furniture or go where she shouldn’t. I gave her some of the plush toys that were given to Murphy when he was beyond the point of playing with them. She was like a kid at Christmas. Man, does she love the sound of a squeaky toy and man, we love her!

20 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

That is so great!!

I would have flipped out if the other woman had not been there... what a set of circumstances between yesterday and today, shelter closed, thrift shop closed. Wow.

Anyway, all the best to you all. Welcome to your new home Molly.

I wish you the same successful dog/cat integration that we experienced in early October.

November 12, 2008 3:07 AM  
Blogger Fixer said...

Yay!!!! I can go to work now. Been waiting until you posted. Best to Fred. Heh ...

November 12, 2008 3:18 AM  
Blogger Fixer said...

And we better see pics soon too, dammit! ;)

November 12, 2008 3:19 AM  
Blogger FreakyNick said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear Fred's opinion.

November 12, 2008 3:22 AM  
Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Yeah, I second that...we need pictures:-)

November 12, 2008 3:44 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Pictures are required. Great News. I thought about Molly several times yesterday and even checked your blog for a non morning post. You guys enjoy each other and I am sure Molly knows she has fallen in the pot of jam.

November 12, 2008 4:21 AM  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

pics pics! needs teh doggie sweet furry pics

November 12, 2008 4:48 AM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Yay! I'm so glad you and Mr. POP got Molly. And I echo all the other demands for pictures!

Baxter sends Fred his sympathies. But I have a feeling Fred is more open to a new family member than our Baxter is!

November 12, 2008 5:14 AM  
Blogger billie said...

that makes my heart sing :) congrats!!!

November 12, 2008 5:16 AM  
Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Yay! I'm so happy for all of you.

November 12, 2008 6:23 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

YAY!!! Welcome Molly! Maybe you'll write us a post once in a while if Fred doesn't feel up to it?

November 12, 2008 6:27 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Molly is one lucky pup. Yay! Looking forward to pics.

November 12, 2008 6:57 AM  
Blogger JM said...

Sweet! Good luck with the meet 'n greet. Can't wait to see the pics.

November 12, 2008 7:18 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Hurray! The PoP family is complete! Just in time for Christmas. I expect to see a full-on PoP family photo xmas card, baby!

November 12, 2008 8:30 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

squeaky toys are good for the soul.

November 12, 2008 8:30 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

The older lady sounds like a first-class yokel. But the good news trumps that clown!

November 12, 2008 8:36 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Good for you and Molly! We agree. We need picts!

Luf, Us

November 12, 2008 10:45 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh i am so happy for you all!

November 12, 2008 11:43 AM  
Blogger Cujo359 said...

Great news. I'm sure Molly and Fred will become friends eventually.

November 12, 2008 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new pooch. Lots of luck. I've been slacking in my blog reading, but when I came across your last three (including this one), I was on p;ins and needles hoping you got her. Nothing like a happy ending.

November 13, 2008 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home