Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year’s Day and Beyond

My mother used to say that whatever you did on New Year’s Day, that was what you would be doing the rest of the year.

If my mother was correct, the Pop household will be vegging out and eating all year long. We truly were total sloths on New Year’s Day. But this weekend we de-Christmas-ified our house. The tree is down and all the decorations are put neatly away by Mr. Pop. He’s way more sane and calm doing that sort of thing than I am and I’m happy about that.

It was such a great holiday without stress and worry. Some Christmases I have been glad to see them go, but this one I hope I never forget. It was about as close as possible to being perfect. The only downside was that I discovered the heavenly taste of Lindt, Lindor Truffles. The milk chocolate ones with the smooth filing are an orgasm for the taste buds.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

We truly were total sloths on New Year’s Day.

Us too.

January 04, 2010 2:56 AM  
Blogger FreakyNick said...

Sounds good to me, lets see; I woke up early, went for a run with friends, shared chili, beer, and conversation afterwards, took a nap, and enjoyed a relaxiig evening watching a movie.

So, this year looks like it will be much like last year, which is good.

January 04, 2010 5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

January 21, 2010 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home