Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Still on Ribbon Watch

Martini is acting normal as can be, so again, so far so good.

Yes, I have been keeping up with the financial news but to tell you the truth so much of it is over my head. I sure do understand how it effects lives like yours and mine, but when it gets into the crimes of Wall Street, my eyes just glaze over. I hope to hell a whole lot of people way smarter than I, have a plan because this is one area where I don’t even understand the terms they use let alone how they work.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

... I don’t even understand the terms ...

That's part of how they got away with so much for so long. Most folks, our elected reps included, had no idea how the stuff worked, let alone what the terms meant. A lot of them still don't.

March 17, 2009 2:36 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

What Fixer said!

Hope Martini is ok.

March 17, 2009 3:27 AM  
Blogger roger said...

there is some sort of equivalence between your ribbon watch and congress sorting through the financial companies "stuff".

March 17, 2009 8:21 AM  
Blogger Dean Wormer said...

My plan involves tar and feathers.

March 17, 2009 8:58 AM  
Blogger two crows said...

sounds to me like you've got your priorities straight: Mr. PoP, Martini and Fred.

these days, the serenity prayer is even more appropriate than usual.

March 17, 2009 9:58 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

glad to hear Martini is still doing well

March 17, 2009 6:15 PM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Good luck with the ribbon watch and Martini. I know how scary it is to be on guard.

And yes, these crooks got away with their crimes because they set up the very system that is now collapsing and they made it so fucking impenetrable to us mere mortals that we're all baffled. Bastards.

March 19, 2009 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home