Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Bummer and Bonus

Bummer for Mr. Pop. He has to go to Captiva Island on the west coast of Florida to sit through three days of meetings. He’s leaving today and will return Saturday.

Bonus for me because I get to go too. While he’s at his meeting, I will be holding court with the shore birds and seashells down on the beach, reading and basically turning into some sort of vegetable. I hope to god, or whatever, that I do not hear one word about politics the whole time I am away. I am weary of the pundits bickering and pontificating. They don’t know any more than you or I do, but that doesn’t stop them from believing that they do.

So, I’ll wrap this up, close my suitcase and get ready for a few days of doing absolutely nothing, unless I want to. That’s what all life should be about if you ask me.

If you throw a party here while I’m away, please clean up all the beer cans, empty bottles and any underwear anyone should leave laying around.

Be sweet and I’ll see you either Saturday or next Monday.

18 Comments:

Blogger Distributorcap said...

have a good time
but remember
there is danger
in the summer moon above

see you soon

September 09, 2008 2:11 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Have fun PoP. Wish I was there instead of Connecticut working. It is sunny and warm here so I will just pretend the beach is just beyond the trees.
Where's the recycling bin for the liquor bottles and you are almost out of olives.

September 09, 2008 3:25 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

w00t w00t! Kegger at PoP's, everyone! Be there or be square!!

September 09, 2008 3:48 AM  
Blogger Sherry Pasquarello said...

have fun!

September 09, 2008 4:40 AM  
Blogger Randal Graves said...

So, I’ll wrap this up, close my suitcase and get ready for a few days of doing absolutely nothing, unless I want to. That’s what all life should be about if you ask me.

Can I get an amen?

Enjoy!

September 09, 2008 4:49 AM  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

Have a great time!

September 09, 2008 5:04 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

safe travel and get refreshed on your retreat from politics!

September 09, 2008 6:58 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Give Fred good-bye kisses!

Luf, Us

September 09, 2008 7:25 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Wow. A vacation from politics. How wonderful!

Enjoy yourself.

September 09, 2008 7:30 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Have a grand time. Maybe by the time you get back Sarah Palin will have self-destructed. She seems to be on a collision course with her true self.

September 09, 2008 7:43 AM  
Blogger Forrest Proper said...

Have fun! We'll take care of everything here while you're away. Oh, and just in case, where do you keep the mop?

September 09, 2008 8:37 AM  
Blogger dguzman said...

Have fun, PoP and Mr. PoP!

September 09, 2008 8:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Have a great time and be sure to watch the Sunday polital shows. I watched Joe Biden last Sunday and all I thought about was, we will see an immediate crash as she attempts to answers the pundits questions! Secretly, I can't wait to watch her fall apart.

September 09, 2008 10:29 AM  
Blogger Taradharma said...

happy trails to you, until we meet again....

i am GREEN with envy....

ooohh....green...olives...martini....

September 09, 2008 12:22 PM  
Blogger jmsjoin said...

Pop
Have a ball have a safe trip and we'll see you when you get Back!

September 09, 2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

Have a great trip! Enjoy!

September 09, 2008 8:48 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Have a great time POP.

September 10, 2008 5:14 AM  
Blogger dogs eye view said...

Enjoy, POP. Please grab some sun and sand and walking in the surf and sunsets and time off for us. Wishing you and Mr P a good sojourn.

September 10, 2008 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home