Friday, November 24, 2006

Cowboys Gobbled Up The Buccaneers!

My computer and I returned home today. The computer tubes have been repaired and it could come back home to recuperate. Our trip to Tampa and the dinner were for the most part uneventful and in a good sort of way.

Dinner came off without a hitch and it was delicious. Mr. Pop’s sister is not only a good veterinarian but she has become a good cook.

After the eating-a-rama on National Eating Day* was finished, it was time to watch football. All the Buccaneer family fans gathered around this one lonely Cowboys fan. The game began and the Bucs came out strong. Bippity, boppity boo, the Bucs scored. I was surrounded by cheering and yahoos. I sat politely and smiled. I left the room to refill my iced tea glass and returned to some sour looking faces. Uh oh, seemed the Cowboys had intercepted the Bucs and were going to capitalize on their good fortune. Sure enough, bippity, boppity, boo, the Cowboys put seven on the board. At this point it appeared likely that the Cowboys were sharpening their knives and forks and preparing to feast on roasted Buccaneers.

At the end of the first quarter the surrounding family of Bucs fans were poo pooing their team. Seemed all of a sudden it was time for them to hit the road. Perhaps their sour grapes needed attention. Mr. Pop’s brothers decided it was time to head home. As prearranged, Mr. Pop and I had to transport Mr. Pop’s mother back to her home.

Next I saw of the game was the fourth quarter and the Dallas Cowboys were just cleaning the meat off the last bones of the Tampa Buccaneers. The Cowboys had gobbled them all up.

I had a great Thanksgiving and I’m pretty sure all your good wishes helped make it so. Okay there was that sweet football game too. I hope your holiday was great and uneventful in a good sort of way. Was it?

*Yes, that term is my creation.

19 Comments:

Blogger Lew Scannon said...

My brother refuses to watch football, ever, and yesterday was no exception. We put together a puzzle, talked and shot pool, with the bulk of my family being there (except my kids, who were with their mom this year). The turkey was good but the gravy was cold. Not that I'm complaining, but I could have made both better, but was grateful I didn't have to cook.

November 24, 2006 3:01 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Well thats kind of mean then isn't it.

November 24, 2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

IT WAS A ROUT!!

The winning team and its FANS, have a right to gloat.

November 24, 2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Anon-Paranoid said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving POP...

God Bless.

November 24, 2006 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POP, you and I need to re-evaluate our blogging relationship - you Cowpatties, me Redskins - not sure I can type at ya anymore ;) jk

Of course I was rooting for the Bucs, especially since we lost to them last week - but I still have that 0 second field goal to savor from two weeks ago :p

November 24, 2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger PTCruiser said...

PoP,
What the HELL were the Cowboys thinking when they changed their uniforms?????

They look ridiculous now. Don't forget, it's not how you play, it's how you look when you march out onto that field.

Eveybody knows the Raiders are going to win the superbowl this year anyway, so this whole Dallas / Bucs discussion is a moot point.

November 24, 2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Romo looked like he was giving carving lessons, didn't he? I quit being a Buc's fan the year they had that soooo boring (and really good!) defense, went all the way to the S.B. with it, and won. But watching every game of theirs made watching paint dry suddenly seem an Xtreme sport.

Glad your puter survived the hospital stay.

November 24, 2006 6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Senor Tony Romo para el presidente.

yo soy Horsedooty!

November 24, 2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger JBlue said...

Re: previous post. Chris Matthews has a little problem with spittle. It's annoying. He should keep his mouth shut AND wipe the corners.

Bring Fred by to see the new family member. He and Fred look a tiny bit alike.

November 24, 2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger Mr. 618 said...

"*Yes, that term is my creation."

Isn't the proper phraseology, "Yes! Pissed-off Patricia Coined The Phrase"... or "y!PoPctp" for short?

November 24, 2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

I had a wonderful day and didn't waste one minute watching football. I did shoot some pool though.

November 25, 2006 5:11 AM  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

Since it isn't baseball season, we spent the day dedicated to national gluttony quietly other than chewing noises and old movies.

Glad you and yours had a good holiday.

November 25, 2006 5:19 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Welcome back, POP.

Like you, I had a rather quiet Turkey Day...and frankly, the lack of family drama was somewhat shocking to my system.

November 25, 2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger Graeme said...

I like the new coverage on the NFL network. Thursday night football rocks

November 25, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Walt said...

I found it difficult to watch either game. I've actively disliked Miami since 1972, and I dislike Dallas and Tampa equally. But it did my heart good to see Dallas lay the stomp down on Tampa, as it'll shut up all the Bucs fans at work.

And, of course, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

November 25, 2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger Frederick said...

What is this "foose ball" you speak of? We had a great Turkey Day up here, glad to hear it was good for you and yours!

November 25, 2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

It was torture in Sumoland...but the beer had me in another dimension.

November 26, 2006 1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know you & your computer survived. How 'bout them Cowboys? Oh, my, how sweet it was, yes?

November 26, 2006 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah-humbug on that lousy game. :^) I don't know why the Bucs suck this year, but they do. They just flat-out suck.

Fortunately for me, the Gators are doing pretty well, so I have something to cheer about, even though the Bucs suck out loud.

November 27, 2006 3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home