Friday, July 14, 2006

The Truth, every bit of it

First let me tell you, you guys killed me with your comments on yesterday's post. You truly are the best and the funniest!

We’re back home and we had a lovely time. We had a sunset cocktail hour and dinner at the water’s edge. The bed and breakfast where we spent the night assigned us to their Safari Bedroom. We both felt that was a funny as hell name for a suite but a perfect place for a "one night stand".

The guy in that picture below and the one with whom I shared this lovely evening is non other than Mr. Pop and that picture was taken a couple of months ago at the same dock where we dined last night. We will be married 20 years in October. He really is a marine biologist and he really is very considerate of others. I didn’t mind that he went on the trip and he didn’t mind that I joined him. We have fun together, as best friends do.

Pictures of our excursion yesterday and last night? I think not. I’ll leave that to your imagination.

As always, it’s good to be home. And it's wonderful to have commenters like you guys. Thank you for adding so much to the Morning Martini.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PoP...thank you so much for this blog...this is one of my favorite place on the world wide web and my day wouldn't be the same without reading your nuggets....

July 14, 2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger PoliShifter said...

heh, I knew it was a trick...

July 14, 2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger eProf2 said...

Aw shucks, no pictures? Welcome back. You know I'm blaming you for leaving your computor for one day and the whole world falls apart. :-) Let's hope somebody can put it back together again.

July 14, 2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger SB Gypsy said...

*Whew* great excuse for a night away from home. Hope you had a fantastic time!

July 14, 2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger glasshill said...

so....

the pictures......

tap tap tap.....

July 14, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

It almost was my pleasure.

July 14, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Welcome home and glad you had a wonderful time in the Safari room - grrrowl!

July 14, 2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Welcome back Pissed Off Safari Hunter.

July 14, 2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Twenty Years? My goodness. I'll raise my martini glass in a toast just as soon as I get off my keyboard.

Wouldn't want to spill a drop.

Cheers.

July 14, 2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger Frederick said...

Me and my wife just had our ninth last month. I can't wait till we can do stuff like this again.

July 14, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Safari Night ( too funny- hope there wasn't dead stuffed hanging on the walls)...Hope you have a wonderful Anniversary....still best friends- that is such a nice thing toi hear..almost as nice to hear as 20...Congrats....

July 14, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger Durward Discussion said...

The Safari Room huh? Were you swinging from vine to vine or did you just settle for the chandelier?

Happy Anniversary. With all that's wrong with the world, a happy marriage gives one hope.

July 14, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Human said...

Glad you all had a good time. We stayed in the "Safari" room too. This one is in Key West is a B&B.Our window overlooked a little pool. We snuck down to the little pool late at night.

Was this where you went?

Peace. It's possible. But not with the sick bastards who are in power now.

July 14, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

"Wish your Son a happy trip!" Gawd, did I blow it or what?:) Pretty neat, Pop, but then that's your forte.

July 14, 2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger PTCruiser said...

Happy I am to see you had a great time, but, I still feel like a cheap whore. Maybe it's the bargain-basement lipstick.

July 15, 2006 12:57 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Glad you had a good time. You had me fooled too.

July 15, 2006 5:11 AM  
Blogger Michael Bains said...

I'm late on the congrats, but still wanted to add my Happy Twentieth!!!

That's awesome Lady!

July 17, 2006 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home