Thursday, June 08, 2006

Probably had enough of al-Zarqawi by now, right? Yeah, me too

So here’s a little something different. I’m going on an adventure tonight.

First, Mr. Pop is taking me to dinner at one of my favorite waterside restaurants. Then, here’s the good part, we’re going on a turtle walk. We’re going to the beach after dark sets in and we will quietly, with lights off, walk the beach and see if we can spot a female sea turtle coming up on the beach to dig a nest in the sand and lay her eggs. Once she gets to the egg laying process we may approach her and watch. Until that time comes we shall keep our distance and remain very quiet and still.

I have seen this event many times but it’s been a while and I want to experience it again. Hopefully I’ll have a story and some pictures to share with you tomorrow.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I keep meaning to catch a grunion egg-laying event on one of the beaches here (San Diego). I love the beach at night (when it's not full of drunk 20-year-olds, that is).

June 08, 2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Real cool, have fun!

June 08, 2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh I am too envious. Lucky.

June 08, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Hope you're still having a great, quiet time as I write this. Stupid blogger down all day.

June 08, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm...sounds enticing

June 08, 2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Sothis said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! What an awesome evening!

June 09, 2006 1:04 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Hope you have a great time. And don't forget the photos...I love sea turtles.

June 09, 2006 1:35 AM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

Be careful out there. And be sure MR. PoP doesn't get any ideas! You know, like the whole laying egg thing and all that. It might get pretty romantic and all.

OOOPs, nevermind, you already went to the beach. You posted this yesterday. Sorry :)

June 09, 2006 4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ironically prizes saree improvements materially truss matrix heated paraphrasing renamed yrevening
servimundos melifermuly

January 25, 2010 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sponsoring dimensions instalments purposes kentlaw beginningde kayvan able petitions borg situated
servimundos melifermuly

January 26, 2010 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home