Monday, March 06, 2006

Give this man an Oscar!

Since I’m not a big movie watcher, I cared as little as possible about the Oscar awards last night. I haven’t seen a single movie that was nominated for anything, so I only watched the intro to the show.

As actors go, I would like to make my own nomination for best actor. After seeing General Peter Pace on Meet the Press yesterday and hearing him say things are going very well in Iraq, well hell, Peter wins hands down. Who else could look at a brewing civil war in Iraq and say things are going well, all the while keeping a straight face? Now that’s some fine acting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Wow, I'm not the only one who can't stand the oscars.

I'll tell you what though - I did watch a little of the beginning because I love John Stewart.

The best part of the night for me was when John Stewart made the liberal hollywood joke and Clooney responded perfectly.

That moment alone was worth watching that incredibly boring night.

March 06, 2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger Aikäne said...

I especially liked his comment that he couldn't respond to questions regarding the continuing program of buying good news in Iraq -- because he didn't want "to muddy the water" ....

Seems nobody associated with the Bushistas is free to tell the truth about anything -- lest they "muddy the water."

March 06, 2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

That bs about showing the same bomb blowing up over again ever 15 mins. reminded me of Rumsfeld back during the looting of Iraq, when he said that's not a bunch of vases being looted, you're seeing the same one over and over.

He also said now girls were attending school in Iraq. I thought girls were attending school there before we invaded.

March 06, 2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Oxycontin, you suppose?

March 07, 2006 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home