Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Computer Woes

Last Tuesday somehow my computer was infected by a nasty bug that basically tried to eat my nerves and my files. It took over my own security and basically shut me down. So my sick little computer had to go to the computer hospital to have its disease removed. I just got it back yesterday and so far, so good.

I am extremely careful when it comes to security. I never open emails with attachments and I limit which sites I visit. I am also a stickler about updating my security each and every day. Mr. Pop is not as shy about these things as I am. He too doesn’t open attachments but he does follow links and don’t tell anyone, but I think he was the one who might have brought this monster home.

So now we’re good to go. I think Martini and Fred the Cat are kind of bummed that the computer is back home, they sure did get a lot of my time that would have erstwhile have been spent here at the keyboard.

I sure as hell hope this computer snafu is not an omen of what I should expect in 2012.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mauigirl said...

I think I got that bug on my computer last year. Wouldn't even let me get into the internet to find something to fix it! Luckily husband was able to find a program called Malwarebytes on the upstairs computer, and downloaded it to a flash drive to put it on the laptop and ultimately it got rid of the worm or virus or whatever it was. Haven't been bothered with it again! In our case I think I did it, it came off Facebook! Glad your computer is back to its old self!

January 12, 2012 11:53 AM  
Blogger volkancan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 28, 2012 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home