Thursday, June 30, 2011

Being Sick Sucks

Yes, being sick sucks especially when it happens the entire week of vacation. I woke up our first morning of vacation sicker than I have been in years. With the help of just about every over the counter drug they make I made it the three and a half hour drive to the west coast. When we arrived I crashed on the couch of the cottage and didn’t show many signs of life for the next two days.

The bright spot was that if you are going to feel awful there is no better place than on the beach of the Gulf of Mexico. Yeah, I missed a lot of the fun things I planned to do but I didn’t feel the guilt you feel when you are home and sick and know there are things you should be doing.

With the help of Mr. Pop and Martini it turned out to be, if not a good vacation, a comfortable one.

We went ahead and reserved the same cabin for next year. My hope is, better luck next time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mauigirl said...

So sorry to hear that! I just had a horrible summer cold - almost as bad as the flu but no fever - that hung on for nearly 3 weeks. Luckily I got it on the last day of my vacation in June so at least I was able to enjoy Cape Cod. Some nasty stuff going around this summer! Hope you are well now!

July 12, 2011 12:39 PM  
Blogger Mauigirl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 12, 2011 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Carla said...

Hi, Pop. I've never posted, but I turn to your blog almost every day because you spoke for me during the late Bush years. I'd been feeling a bit complacent after Obama became president, but this latest kerfuffle is making me want to take to the streets screaming.

While the Tea Party wants to reduce the size of government, they are apparently not making the logical leap that most of the large corporations have huge federal government contracts. Many IT firms have entire divisions dedicated to nothing but Federal Government work. If the debt ceiling is not raised, it's not "just" the direct recipients of Federal benefits (e.g., Medicare, Social Security, college loans, etc.) that will suffer. These large corporations will have to stop their government work (because they won't work if they aren't going to get paid), and they will have to start laying off their people. We're headed into a severe depression if this happens. These corporations have been slow to hire because of the uncertainty, so the economy has not been able to come out of the slump it was already in, and this will make it far worse.

Anyway, I just wanted to reach out to you to say, please start posting again! We need your voice!

And, I hope you've completely recovered from your illness.

Regards,
Carla

July 29, 2011 8:10 AM  
Blogger Joey Polanski said...

Golly!

We're left to infer that the illness was TERMINAL!

July 30, 2011 5:06 PM  
Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

Get well soon and mend quickly! Wishing you very well...

Fran / BG

August 16, 2011 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home