Monday, August 16, 2010

Patience running thin

I don’t know if I’m losing my patience as I grow older or maybe I never had a lot of patience to begin with, but as of late the patience meter is just broken.

All the brouhaha about Gibbs remarks about the people on the left did not bother me one bit and like him, I feel some of those same frustrations. While that was going on some Republicans were talking about changing the 14th amendment to the Constitution. Now we have the brouhaha about the Mosque that will be built a little over two blocks from where 9-11 site was in New York.

I have no patience for those who are trying to make something out of nothing and I have given you three examples of things which are getting unwarranted concern. No one was harmed by Gibbs’ words. No one is going to take an eraser to the Constitution and another Mosque being built in New York will not bring any harm to anyone.

While the right and sadly some on the left wail about these notions, the real concerns of our country seem to have been laid to rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

As I age, I find my patience running thin....there are so many important issues to be dealt with and meanwhile we spin our wheels on absurdities. Though I guess if you feel very strongly about any of the issues mentioned, they're not absurdities to you. But I think they are. :-D

August 16, 2010 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home