Saturday, August 28, 2010

Honoring MLK with Segregation?

Today we saw a scant few faces at Beck’s “Restore Honor” gathering that weren’t snow white. Also at Rev. Al Sharpton’s gathering there were only a few white faces. It is so sad to me that on this day of all days there were basically segregated groups honoring MLK’s speech.

I hope one day there will be one very large gathering on this day to honor the words of this man and the faces will be all colors and in equal numbers. If Glenn Beck was truly concerned about this country he would have worked with Rev. Sharpton to make that come true this year. Now that would have been an event this country could have been truly proud of in so many ways and I think Rev. King would have liked it too..

3 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

I was saddened that King's niece attended Beck's rally, but in truth, I have not listened to her speech.

I share your hope for one giant gathering with ALL people represented! What a grand idea.

August 29, 2010 4:33 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Something I hadn't thought about.

September 02, 2010 11:53 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, we aren't much beyond the behavior of different colored ants; the red ones hate the black ones, and vice versa.

September 02, 2010 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home