Thursday, August 26, 2010

Surprise

Yesterday Mr. Pop told Martini and me that we were going to be traveling with him to Tallahassee and Panama City Beach next month. While he is at meetings in Panama City, Martini and I will be enjoying the prettiest beaches in the world…or at least that’s my opinion. There is no oil on the beach in Panama City and the place we will be staying is pet friendly and secluded.

I can’t think of any better news I could have gotten yesterday. Going to new places and seeing new sights is just what I need right now. I guess I’m in an August funk.

So Martini will be adding new stickers to his crate representing the beaches he has visited. He’s such a beach bum.

Now I’m in the midst of all the things that must be done to prepare for over a week away from home and I only have less that two weeks to get them all done. Preparing for a trip is almost as much fun as going on the trip. It’s all good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

and coming home is great, too! Oh, lucky you!

August 26, 2010 10:24 AM  
Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

Keeping in mind that Panama City Beach has ONE beach where dogs are allowed, on leash at all times. It is just across the road from Margaritaville in Pier Park. There is a also a dog park in Frank Brown Park, but big dogs play together with small dogs. And it is just a fenced in area, bring your own water.

But the beaches are clean and the water should be cleared up by then. (No oil, just funk from the storms of August)

September 01, 2010 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home